PDA

View Full Version : Collecting items from specific dates?

gingi79
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
I am starting a new collection of items from special days in my life. So far I am picking my birthday, my wedding anniversary, my first Braves game in Hotlanta and my best friends wedding anniversary (as he'd die to get a Braves baseball from the day he was married) I'd hope to add one from the days my kids are born but fear the 4 blaring horn blasts and the Horseman starting the Apocolypse might usurp sporting events that day...

Is this something others here have done? I am asking so that I can fine tune eBay searches or streamline Want ads.

I know I don't write down the dates my MeiGray jerseys are worn or even the dates of my game used items from MLB Holograms and figure most collectors do the same. So how do I go about starting and obtaining items for this collection?

Dewey2007
01-10-2012, 12:15 AM
I haven't collected anything from special days in my life but I imagine the easiest place to start with be with tickets from your favorite teams game(s) on those dates. It might be very hard to find game used items from these specific dates but you never know. Lineup cards are cool if you can find them. Maybe a game program or photos from the games. Search Getty and see what you can find.

Post the dates you are looking for so we can try to help you out. Good luck with your new collection!

I am starting a new collection of items from special days in my life. So far I am picking my birthday, my wedding anniversary, my first Braves game in Hotlanta and my best friends wedding anniversary (as he'd die to get a Braves baseball from the day he was married) I'd hope to add one from the days my kids are born but fear the 4 blaring horn blasts and the Horseman starting the Apocolypse might usurp sporting events that day...

Is this something others here have done? I am asking so that I can fine tune eBay searches or streamline Want ads.

I know I don't write down the dates my MeiGray jerseys are worn or even the dates of my game used items from MLB Holograms and figure most collectors do the same. So how do I go about starting and obtaining items for this collection?

gingi79
01-10-2012, 02:32 AM
Thanks Dewey! I already emailed Kyle Hess about the dates for photos. I have the Lineups from 2 of the dates from Lisa at the Braves. Here's what I am searching for:

July 26th 2009 Literally anything specific to this date
September 7th, 2009 Anything from the Mets at Braves
May 22nd 2010 Listening to nice mates to the July 26th
July 2nd 2011. Anything Braves. They were home for the Orioles.

Thanks!

ironmanfan
01-10-2012, 08:26 AM
I know that wire/laser photos are things of the past, but I was able to find "Oriole related" ones for the days that my sons were born and had them signed & inscribed...They now look very nice matted/framed...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/Misc%20Ripken/1jeff001.jpg