X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CollectGU
    • Nov 2005

To Forum Moderators

With regards to raising the limit in the classified section, this has been discussed and requested ad nauseum on here by the members, and every thread is immediately locked and we are told that there will be no change, but we are NEVER given the reasoning behind the decisions as to why the request of so many members is being ignored.

Can the forum moderators please chime in as to the discussions have taken place on this topic as a group (if any) and the reasoning behind ignoring the request, and why it is continually denied?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: To Forum Moderators

1...2...3... And Blocked/Deleted.

They are just going to say they dont have to give a reason.

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by CollectGU
      With regards to raising the limit in the classified section, this has been discussed and requested ad nauseum on here by the members, and every thread is immediately locked and we are told that there will be no change, but we are NEVER given the reasoning behind the decisions as to why the request of so many members is being ignored.

Can the forum moderators please chime in as to the discussions have taken place on this topic as a group (if any) and the reasoning behind ignoring the request, and why it is continually denied?

Thanks,
      Dave

When you do an Advanced Search for the term “limit” you will find three separate threads discussing the $500 limit. Here is a reply from Chris:

In this forum, Game Used Universe will have no involvement in the evaluations of items or the transactions whatsoever nor will Game Used Universe moderate this forum. If there are any problems with transactions they will need to be resolved independent of Game Used Universe. To prevent any major problems from occurring, the sale price limit for items in this classified section is $500.

Specifically, since we were not going to be monitoring items in this section for legitimacy, etc, we were limiting it to $500 to prevent any major problems from occurring.

Before anyone starts a new thread about a GUU Transaction Platform, as mentioned in a link from the above post, Chris requests that “any questions about the details of the platform, you can contact us directly or wait for the future announcements as they will be providing additional details.” If you are not certain, “Contacting us directly” does not mean starting a new post on the forum.

On a positive note, we want to give appreciation for the members who have taken the time to email the Moderators using the "Report Post" function for C2C threads which have mentioned trade only, no mention of price, or are over the $500 limit. Giving us the heads-up prevents many abuses of the C2C section and saves time to moderate other sections of the forum.
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Why should they change it? They are gaining nothing. The C to Cs are one of the few places besides Craigslist where its free to sell. Be grateful that they don't charge fees for what they have.

Comment

• joelsabi
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by trsent
          Moderators, when are you going to respond to my three emails about the fake users and attackers breaking rules on this forum that I have sent in the last 24 hours?
          Joel,

Let me read your emails now.

I am locking this thread in an hour or earlier if this goes off topic any further. Please use the email system as Joel has done to address problems.

Thanks

Joel
          Regards,
          Joel S.
          joelsabi @ gmail.com
          Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• CollectGU
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
            Why should they change it? They are gaining nothing.

Because the forum members are asking for it ad nauseum, and I don't see the downside to it. There is no more or less liability to the forum by increasing the limit. The hockey forum does it without problems. Why not satisfy the requests of the majority of forum members if it doen't hurt the forum in any way. I don't understand the logic...

Dave

Comment

• CollectGU
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by joelsabi

Before anyone starts a new thread about a GUU Transaction Platform, as mentioned in a link from the above post, Chris requests that “any questions about the details of the platform, you can contact us directly or wait for the future announcements as they will be providing additional details.” If you are not certain, “Contacting us directly” does not mean starting a new post on the forum.
              Joel,

The transaction platform was always given as the major reason the c to c limit was not going to be incresed, but that was 2 years ago.......

Also, what are your thoughts as a moderator to increasing it, for it , against it, or indifferent and why?

Thanks,
              Dave

Comment

• yanks12025
                • Jan 2006

Cause they don't care about us. It's the Occupy Wall Street movement, we are the 99% and their the 1%.

90% of the stuff they have done is to better them, and not about the forum.

Comment

• Dewey2007
                  • Dec 2007

What are you talking about? The forum has a new running clock which I think is a nice addition!

Originally posted by yanks12025
                  Cause they don't care about us. It's the Occupy Wall Street movement, we are the 99% and their the 1%.

90% of the stuff they have done is to better them, and not about the forum.
                  sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• R. C. Walker
                    • Nov 2005

Just curious . . . . Any examples of "over $500" items which collectors are sitting on out there?
                    R. C. Walker
                    sigpic

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Comment

• yanks12025
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dewey2007
                      What are you talking about? The forum has a new running clock which I think is a nice addition!
                      I not sure either... lol Sure someone gets my point..

But I wonder how long the clock will stay.

Comment

• yanks12025
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by R. C. Walker
                        Just curious . . . . Any examples of "over $500" items which collectors are sitting on out there?
                        I've seen a handful of posts with items over $500, but deleted quickly. Most of the time, I think they were basketball jerseys and acouple bats.

Comment

• CollectGU
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Dewey2007
                          My wife just told told me "stop laughing out loud, the kids are sleeping! I'm wondering what we are counting up to anyway since the start of the "event"...oh well i just took my own thread off topic!

Dave

Comment

• Titans74
                            • Oct 2010

Because the forum members are asking for it ad nauseum, and I don't see the downside to it. There is no more or less liability to the forum by increasing the limit. The hockey forum does it without problems. Why not satisfy the requests of the majority of forum members if it doen't hurt the forum in any way. I don't understand the logic...

Dave

Link to gockey forum please?

Have always wondered where the hockey collectors are.
                            sigpic
                            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Comment

• joelsabi
                              • Aug 2005

My wife just told told me "stop laughing out loud, the kids are sleeping! I'm wondering what we are counting up to anyway since the start of the "event"...oh well i just took my own thread off topic!

Dave
                              Dave,

As usual, this topic go off topic for your amusement. I was prepared to share my personal thought on this topic but I see it is not worth my time. Therefore, this thread is closed. It serves no constructive purpose. Please do not post another thread about this topic.

Regards,

Joel
                              Regards,
                              Joel S.
                              joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

Working...