PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Famer Barry Larkin

AWA85
01-10-2012, 09:39 PM
In honor of the 2012 Hall of Fame inductee, it is time for everyone to share those Barry Larkin game used items.

The highlights of the batch for me is the fielding glove and Barry's 1995 MVP season photomatched home jersey.

Lets see what Larkin items everyone else has!

frikativ54
01-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Nice collection. I'm envious. :D

tigerdale
01-11-2012, 07:29 AM
What a great Larkin collection!!!!!

Neely8
01-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Congratulations to Larkin on his HOF appointment. He is a class act and has always been a favorite of mine. And now my 93 Larkin game worn jersey has now gone up in value too!

Dave4Reds
01-12-2012, 12:02 PM
While collection doesn't compare, I do have a couple of bats, a hat from the 1990 season and this jersey from 2001:

joelsabi
01-12-2012, 01:24 PM
In honor of the 2012 Hall of Fame inductee, it is time for everyone to share those Barry Larkin game used items.

The highlights of the batch for me is the fielding glove and Barry's 1995 MVP season photomatched home jersey.

Lets see what Larkin items everyone else has!

great collection.

With him getting into the HOF, I bet your content would be befitting of his HOF display. Probably better. Just curious now what Larkin is donating for his display.

Are you planning a visit to Cooperstown for the ceremonies?

dplettn
01-12-2012, 01:25 PM
This thread is already a wonder to see!

Something tells me that even Barry's "kids" would enjoy looking at these. Adam, I'm so thoroughly astonished with your Barry Larkin collection that I'm speechless. That doesn't happen often.

I do want to thank Adam also for referring me to Sports Gallery (http://asportsgallery.com/), specifically pointing me to a Barry bat for myself. Much like Barry has exhibited grace with the people around him, you have as well. Only fitting that such a tremendous collection rests with you. And, its great to hear of your personal experience in youth. I was a bit older, but I'll never forget my own experiences with Barry's family. They were truly great people and I'm sure they still are.

My favorite item (if I could find it) would be my photo with him from when I (as a kid myself) sold them their first boat. He walked into the floor at Flerlage Marine in Fairfield and at 16, I was so lucky that all the regular salesmen were busy! I've long since decided that a career in sales wasn't for me, but boy had I gotten off to an implausibly miraculous start!

It sounds like the Reds Hall of Fame is going to have a Barry display this year. Hopefully, I can see some of these items in person!

plettner@fuse.net

jbsportstuff
01-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Awesome collection Adam. Later I'll put up some pics of my collection. It certainly doesn't stack up, but it has its highlights! Thanks for sharing Adam.

dplettn
01-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Still can't find the picture of me with Barry when he was buying his boat, but fortunately at least my mom was able to keep something. Kids, listen to your mothers. They care about you!

And my Larkin bat :)

AWA85
01-21-2012, 07:11 PM
First of my 3 new pick ups since Larkin was named to the Hall of Fame.

1986 game used home jersey from Larkin's rookie year.

chakes89
01-21-2012, 07:14 PM
First of my 3 new pick ups since Larkin was named to the Hall of Fame.

1986 game used home jersey from Larkin's rookie year.
:eek::eek::D

NICE!!!!!!!

AWA85
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Newest arrival: Barry Larkin 1986 game used rookie bat.

EricTheRed44
01-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Not too shabby... Barry would be pleased with your collection.

vdsporty25
02-16-2012, 09:25 AM
I finally got my Larkin items around to take a couple pics. 1994 Game Used Batting Helmet and three of his gamers that show great game use. Also included a few of my Larkin PSA 10's.

vdsporty25
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Well I made the trip to Chicago this past weekend for the opportunity to meet Mr. Larkin for the first time in person and he was true class in every sense of the word. I made two trips through the line. First with 3 different baseballs in hand and he took time in between each autograph to look up and talk with me as I congratulated him for getting into the Hall of Fame and talk about some of our baseball memories of years past. The second time through the line I took up one of my gamers and he smiled as he saw it and signed it for me and chatted some more about the things I collect and some more Reds memories. All in all it was a great experience and I was overjoyed one of my child hood heroes was as classy as I thought he would be and more! Go Reds!!! Here is a pic of the bat...

scottanservitz
03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Nice bat and signature! :D

Gridiron Heroes
03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Off topic, but I saw Barry's son last night playing guard for the Miami Hurricanes vs the Minnesota Gophers in the NIT. The Canes got spanked, but Larkin was by far the best player for Miami last night. The camera shifted over to Barry a number of times. Appearently his son has no interest in baseball, but he's a pretty good hoopster and could have a future someday in the NBA or at least overseas.

Shawn
www.gopherjerseys.com (http://www.gopherjerseys.com)
gridironheroes22@yahoo.com

vdsporty25
03-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Nice bat and signature! :D

Thanks a lot! It's definitely now my favorite gamer!

Here are the baseballs I got signed: