PDA

View Full Version : Missed my current favorites players Home Run!!!

suave1477
09-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Hello Guys, I had no where else to turn too, to vent so I came here. If anyone else has a similar story please chime in.

I was at tonights Yankees vs. Orioles game (wow how we destroyed those birds lol) a friend of mine called me last night and told me he had vouchers for tonights gameand asked me to go so I went. With the vouchers they give you whatever best seat they say that they have available they gave us 2 tickets in the last row of right field before the bleachers ( Oh well there free right?) we ended up finding 2 empty seats to the home run side of the foul pole (HEY EVEN BETTER) so we sat there. Second Inning Giambi crushes a Home run flew about 5 feet directly over our heads. AT THIS MOMENT I SAY TO MYSELF IF ANYONE HITS A HOME RUN PLEASE LET MY FAVORITE PLAYER (TO BE NAMED LATER) HIT ONE RIGHT AT ME. 3rd Inning Abreu comes to bat crushes a Home Run about 10 seats to my right. 4th inning (JORGE POSADA) crushes a Home Run (DIRECTLY TO ME) and I missed it by about an 1 inch or 2 lands right in front of me inside the seats, bounces off the cement back on to the field. I CURSED UP AND DOWN THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME, MY WAY HOME AND AS I AM TYPING THIS!!!

Has this happend to anyone else a chance of you getting a great moment of your favorite player and it slips away?

kylehess10
09-28-2006, 09:58 AM
yep, this happened to me before. It was at my very first game I ever went to. It was the Braves/Marlins in 1998, I can't remember who the batter was but me being 8 years old, I wasn't really paying attention to the game and I was just looking around. Then all of the sudden my dad yelled to look up and I saw this foul ball coming (I had dugout seats). I didn't even know how to play baseball right when I was 8 so I just put my glove up in the air and the ball landed about 1 foot behind me, hit the cement, and it bounced about another 6 rows up and some other kid got it. I still hate that moment to this day, but I've since gotten 9 g/u baseballs from games ever since that game so I shouldn't have to worry