Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • punch
    • Feb 2010

Twinsfest 2012

Roll call for everyone heading to Twinsfest this year! It's back at the Metrodome, January 27-29.

Is anyone on the hunt for anything in particular? Hoping the new Twins players will be there?

Last years at the sports complex was a nightmare. This is a very rare occasion where i'm actually glad something is held at the dome.

I got a game used ball I need signed by Capps, and I'll be on the hunt for cheap GU bats.
  • Klattsy
    • Aug 2010

Re: Twinsfest 2012

If there are any cheap Luke Hughes bats I have a friend interested in Australia. And if there are any Hughes or Liam Hendriks jerseys that show use and are priced <$200 i'd be interested as well...

Comment

• mlbforeverhomer
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Orlando Cabrera anything I'm interested!!!

Comment

• harleighb
        • Jun 2007

I plan on being in attendance all three days this year. I'll be looking for vintage Twins GU items and picking up a few autographs along the way. The best part of the event for me these days is grabbing a Dome Dog and a beer and sitting in the stands watching the local radio station doing live interviews of the players. Three days of baseball in January -- its a can't miss event!

Comment

• al3xmac10
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

Interested in a Nishioka game used jersey, thank you!

Comment

• sylbry
            • Nov 2005

The Twins Pro Shop has sold all of the Nishioka jerseys but there will be a game used Nishioka jersey and bat package in the silent auction.
            Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• emann
              • Nov 2008

Anyone know if they have any Jon Rausch home jerseys left? I'd be interested in one if they do... Thanks!

Comment

• TFig27
                • Oct 2006

I'd be interested in a Trevor Plouffe uncracked bat if anyone comes across one.

Thanks!
                Tom
                sigpic
                TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
                A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
                J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Comment

• xnadyfan
                  • Aug 2006

Would be interested in any cheap Baker GU. ($200 or less)

Thanks!
                  Always looking for Scott Baker and Shay Doron items!

Comment

• punch
                    • Feb 2010

Schedules are out!! Mauer and Morneau all 3 days, and looks like Jamey Caroll, Willingham, and Doumit will all be there. Not bad!

The official website of the Minnesota Twins with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Comment

• Klattsy
                      • Aug 2010

Do jersey prices mirror the Pro Shop prices or could they be less at the Fest?

Comment

• punch
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Klattsy
                        Do jersey prices mirror the Pro Shop prices or could they be less at the Fest?
                        They don't have discount's Friday and Saturday at Twins Fest. They used to drop prices on Sunday's, but I heard last year they didn't. Pro Shop has been kind of a let down since they moved into Target Field.

Comment

• JeffB
                          • Oct 2008

Well, speaking as an employee of the team store at the stadium, we are shipping over our entire stock of game used items for this years TwinsFest, including jerseys, bats, balls (nearly 40 games worth), caps, remaining 2010 lockerplates and the like. We do lack jerseys from name players such as Mauer, Morneau, Thome, Cuddyer and Nishioka since we either sold all our 2010 examples and either did not get any 2011's or sold the very few we did get. Same for Mauer and Thome bats from the team store.

I'm not able to say if there will be any deals for certain, but at the end of last year's TwinsFest the game used items were sold at some large discounts of at least 50% and I'd expect any bats remaining on Sunday should be coming down in price due to quantities on hand, particularly Cuddyer and Span, who alone break as many as the rest of the team combined, for what we receive from the team. A good amount of Morneau bats though. We also have a substantial supply of street banners from 2009 and 2010, some with players and many with either Metrodome Final Season or Inaugural Season and 50th Season logos I'd expect to be priced to move at some point during the weekend. No promises, but just my hunch.

No idea what they plan on price reductions for the jerseys. It's possible we can always just bring them back to the stadium to have on hand for the upcoming season priced as they have been. Of note, any 2010 or older jerseys, which started out between $300 - $600, were all marked to half of what they were when the 2011's arrived, many of which are at our suburban Pro Shops. For example, we had some Blackburn's for $125, which I thought was a pretty good price for a patched 2010 for a starter.

Any big name players items will be sold through live or silent auctions, so it's not like you won't have a shot at some things of note, just not through the team store operation on site.

Any specific questions, just ask and I'll try to get an answer before Friday night.

Jeff

Comment

• Klattsy
                            • Aug 2010

Jeff,

Some of the Hughes jersey I've enquired about before, do you think these will be candidates for discounts on the third day?

Also would you expect hats of all players on the roster there? Specifically Hughes and Liam Hendriks? Same with locker plates?

And are the balls MLB Authenticated? I presume none of the other stuff is...

Thanks for your insights.

Mark.

Comment

• Mark17
                              • May 2006

I'll be set up at Twinsfest with some Met Stadium seats for sale. Will be at a booth with a couple buddies right around the third base area.

I'm a little disappointed that the only 1960s players in attendance will be Carew, Oliva, Grant, Quilici and Stigman. I wish they'd bring back more of those guys.

A few years ago I got some stuff signed. and Grant and Quilici were super friendly (Killebrew, Hrbek, and Smalley too.) I haven't met Stigman yet.

It's a blast, looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...