PDA

View Full Version : What kind/model of belt do MLB team use these days

Buster23!
01-15-2012, 01:48 AM
I am trying to build some full Player G/U uniforms. On most of them I have the jersey, pants, shoes & hat bt no belts. What brand & model do most teams have these days? Thanks

frikativ54
01-15-2012, 09:21 AM
I am trying to build some full Player G/U uniforms. On most of them I have the jersey, pants, shoes & hat bt no belts. What brand & model do most teams have these days? Thanks

I know that when the Astros did an auction for throwbacks that they offered belts, along with the rest of the uniform. This was back in 2010. However, since I wasn't there, I'm not sure what model or brand of belt they used.

Dewey2007
01-15-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to build a uniform display myself and the Phillies equipment manager told me they order their belts from some company in Colorado. Not sure if all teams order from the same company but I'll send their name on Tuesday if you're interested. I have this info in my e-mails at work.

xpress34
01-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I have two belts that I was given last year at Rockies Fan Fest by Keith Schulz the Rockies Equipment Manager. One is leather (it was Seth Smith's with his #7 inside it), the other is a 'stretch' belt with leather ends at buckle and adjuster.

Keith told me the active roster guys get the leather - the adjustable stretch belts are given out to call ups (through out the year and in September). If they stick with the club, they will be upgraded to leather.

I will check my belts later and let you know what brand they are. Also, I will be seeing Keith next weekend (Rockies Fest!) and I am trying to get two more leather belts and I will ask him where they source from.

- Smitty

Dewey2007
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
The Phillies EM told me they get their belts from Craighead Belts in Colorado. It's actually John R. Craighead Company Inc. It doesn't appear they have a website but there is a phone number on this link if you're interested:

http://johnrcraighead.openfos.com/