PDA

View Full Version : Larkin Jersey

AWA85
01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
May have just found the dream item of my Barry Larkin collection. I know very little about the older jerseys, and just wanted to make sure I am not missing something. The tagging and details look solid when comparing to MLB jersey databases but let me know if any of you experts see anything on this one. (Not worried about the signature at all)

sox83cubs84
01-15-2012, 07:12 PM
I didn't attempt to style or photomatch it, but everything I can see looks reasonable. Goodman made Reds homes in 1985-86, and carried no tagging other than the Goodman tag in the tail.

Dave Miedema

AWA85
01-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks Dave, appreciate your help.

EricTheRed44
01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Thats pretty sweet. AWA, I saw your Barry Larkin collection (which looks amazing by the way). I was curious... It's great that he makes the hall of fame because not only does it increase the value of your collection, but its great to see one of your idols make it into the HOF.

BUT....

Is it somewhat of a downer? With him making the HOF, i'm assuming his stuff is going to go through the roof and cost you that much more if you're collecting still.

Just wondering. I'm a huge Eric Davis fan (obviously) but always loved watching Larkin play.

Good luck!
Joe