PDA

View Full Version : Braves to wear new alternate jerseys in 2012

kylehess10
01-16-2012, 07:21 PM
I can't wait to get my hands on one of these gamers!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/fashion-ump-braves-don-cool-cream-colored-alternate-162832445.html

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/w5Xfddqfx4QDetAZcrVkOw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQyMQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/braves2012alt.jpg

sox83cubs84
01-17-2012, 10:08 PM
I like the style. It reminds me, to some degree, of 1963-67 Braves unis.

Dave Miedema

slab0meat
01-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Is this replacing either the red or blue, or a third alt?

kylehess10
01-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Is this replacing either the red or blue, or a third alt?

I'd assume this will just be a new alt. I'll take a wild guess and say it could be worn during Friday home games. Those games seem to have a much higher attendance and I see a lot of other teams wearing alternate jerseys on Friday home games as well.

frikativ54
01-18-2012, 09:50 AM
I'd assume this will just be a new alt. I'll take a wild guess and say it could be worn during Friday home games. Those games seem to have a much higher attendance and I see a lot of other teams wearing alternate jerseys on Friday home games as well.

How many jerseys do the Braves wear? Do they all show a lot of use?

kylehess10
01-18-2012, 10:14 AM
How many jerseys do the Braves wear? Do they all show a lot of use?

Here's a look at their 2012 jerseys

Some Braves jerseys show heavy wear and some show no use. Sunday home alternates usually show the least amount of use and I see the most use in home white and road grey jerseys. I don't see too many road alternates with a ton of use, and the batting practice jerseys from 2011 show a lot more use compared to previous seasons.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6717736241_ab95008c8a_b.jpg

frikativ54
01-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Here's a look at their 2012 jerseys

Some Braves jerseys show heavy wear and some show no use. Sunday home alternates usually show the least amount of use and I see the most use in home white and road grey jerseys. I don't see too many road alternates with a ton of use, and the batting practice jerseys from 2011 show a lot more use compared to previous seasons.

Thanks, Kyle. That's a lot of jerseys. The Mariners, for example, only use four. Home white, road grey, home alternate, and road alternate. I have a Justin Smoak road alternate that shows a ton of use.

As for the Astros, they use home pinstripe, Saturday home alternates, Sunday home alternates, road grey, and road alternate -- five jerseys in total. The Astros seem to get good use from their jerseys.

Are the Braves issued several of each jersey, or do they pretty much only use one per style? To give you an idea, my M's Smoak road alternate is the only one he used all year.

frikativ54
01-18-2012, 10:46 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6717736241_ab95008c8a_b.jpg

Is the last one a BP jersey? If so, I forgot to include that in my M's and Astros tallies.

kylehess10
01-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Are the Braves issued several of each jersey, or do they pretty much only use one per style? To give you an idea, my M's Smoak road alternate is the only one he used all year.

Yep, the last one is the BP jersey.

And I assume it's up to the player for how many jerseys they wear. For example, when I got a bunch of 2011 Braves jerseys back in July, I remember the Chipper jersey I got (and still have) was worn for the entire first half, while the Jason Heyward jersey I got was only worn for 1 homestand. A Freddie Freeman jersey I had was worn for 1 month while a Jair Jurrjens jersey was worn for 2 months.

I'm currently doing research on Chipper's jerseys in the 2nd half and so far I know he wore atleast 3 home jerseys.

When it comes to road jerseys, I usually notice they wear 1-2 for each half of the season, but that can differ.

The last time I photomatched a Sunday home alternate jersey, it was of Chipper Jones and I match it to 5 of the 6 games he played in on Sunday home games. I see a lot of sunday reds with light use though so I assume most players go through a lot of them throughout the season.

kylehess10
01-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Yep, the last one is the BP jersey.

And I assume it's up to the player for how many jerseys they wear. For example, when I got a bunch of 2011 Braves jerseys back in July, I remember the Chipper jersey I got (and still have) was worn for the entire first half, while the Jason Heyward jersey I got was only worn for 1 homestand. A Freddie Freeman jersey I had was worn for 1 month while a Jair Jurrjens jersey was worn for 2 months.

Correction: The Freeman was worn for 2 months and the Jurrjens for almost 3

frikativ54
01-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Correction: The Freeman was worn for 2 months and the Jurrjens for almost 3

That Chipper was cool; I remember it from your display room pictures. Did you sell the Freeman and Jurrjens?

kylehess10
01-19-2012, 07:57 AM
That Chipper was cool; I remember it from your display room pictures. Did you sell the Freeman and Jurrjens?

Yes, I did, even though they were REALLY nice jerseys and I would've loved to have kept them for my collection but I wouldn't have been able to afford it. I'm proud though knowing the Jurrjens went to a hardcore collector of Jair to make a highlight to his collection (it was unwashed from his complete game 1-hit shutout) and the Freeman (also unwashed and covered in dirt) went to one of the biggest Braves collectors I know of who isn't a GUU member unfortunately. It's the same buyer who purchased the first Jason Heyward jersey on the market, which I sold back in mid-2010

AutographAddiction
01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I am so ready for the season. These jerseys look great.