PDA

View Full Version : Braves announce caravan schedule around southeast

kylehess10
01-19-2012, 05:43 PM
I'll be at the Cumming, Snellville, & Chattanooga stops.

Friday, Jan. 27 – Charlotte, N.C. (12-2 p.m. Power Lunch at Taco Mac at South Park) and Spartanburg, S.C. (4-5:30 p.m. Academy Sports + Outdoors) Tommy Hanson, Jonny Venters, Tyler Pastornicky, Frank Wren, Terry Pendleton

Saturday, Jan. 28 – Snellville, Ga. (4-6 p.m. Snellville Academy Sports + Outdoors) Jair Jurrjens, Eric Hinske, Eric O’Flaherty, Brian Snitker, Terry Pendleton

Sunday, Jan. 29 – Montgomery, Ala. (12-1:30 p.m. CST Montgomery Academy Sports + Outdoors) and Auburn, Ala. (3-4:30 p.m. CST Auburn Academy Sports + Outdoors) Tim Hudson, David Ross, Eric Hinske, Troy Pastornicky, Scott Fletcher

Monday, Jan. 30 –– McDonough, Ga. (3:30-5 p.m. McDonough Academy Sports + Outdoors), and Atlanta community visits to be announced. Freddie Freeman, Michael Bourn, O’Flaherty, Frank Wren, Carlos Tosca, Greg McMichael

Tuesday, Jan. 31 – Macon, Ga. (4-5:30 p.m. Macon Academy Sports + Outdoors) Craig Kimbrel, Randall Delgado, Eddie Perez

Wednesday, Feb. 1 – Columbia, S.C. (3:30-5 p.m. Columbia Academy Sports + Outdoors) Jason Heyward, Julio Teheran, Fredi Gonzalez

Thursday, Feb. 2 – Birmingham, Ala. (4-5:30 p.m. CST Birmingham Academy Sports + Outdoors) Jair Jurrjens, Randall Delgado, Frank Wren, Carlos Tosca

Friday, Feb. 3 – Athens (4-5:30 p.m. Athens Academy Sports + Outdoors) Matt Diaz, Brandon Beachy, Roger McDowell, Brian Snitker, Bruce Manno

Saturday, Feb. 4 – Nashville, Tenn. (1:30-3 p.m. CST Franklin Academy Sports + Outdoors) Mike Minor, Cory Gearrin, Zane Smith

Monday, Feb. 6 – Cumming, Ga. (4:30-6 p.m. Cumming Academy Sports + Outdoors) Chipper Jones, Brian McCann, Dan Uggla, Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez

Tuesday, Feb. 7 – Greenville, S.C. (4-5:30 p.m. Greenville Academy Sports + Outdoors) Brandon Beachy, Julio Teheran, Eddie Perez, Johnny Estrada

Wednesday, Feb. 8 – Atlanta (community visits to be announced) Chipper Jones, Craig Kimbrel, Mike Minor, Roger McDowell, Bruce Manno, Javy Lopez

Thursday, Feb. 9 – Chattanooga, Tenn. (11:30-1:30 p.m. Power Lunch at Taco Mac) and Knoxville, Tenn. (4-5:30 p.m. Academy Sports + Outdoors) Jason Heyward, Freddie Freeman, Cory Gearrin, Greg Walker

murfsteve25
01-19-2012, 10:44 PM
I was really hoping that when the list came out, Justices' name would be on it. :(

kylehess10
01-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I was really hoping that when the list came out, Justices' name would be on it. :(

I'm not sure if he's ever done any of the caravans in the past but he certainly wouldn't be a bad addition

coxfan
01-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Thanks! I'll try to make the Columbia stop.

kylehess10
01-20-2012, 10:24 AM
It should be a great caravan

For those who haven't been to one, you need to get there EARLYYYYYY. Last year I got to one of the stops 5 hours early and I was 130 back in line. The Cumming stop will be the biggest line; I plan on getting there atleast 6-7 hours early. I don't think the lines at the stops out of state should be that long though.

And if anybody needs photos to get signed, I have some of just about everybody on the Caravan tour which I have available for cheap. I'll also be in line selling photos if anybody plans on being at the metro Atlanta stops

Dach0sen0ne
01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks! I'll try to make the Columbia stop.

I plan on making that stop too. Hopefully it won't be too crazy.

coxfan
01-20-2012, 05:44 PM
I've never been. Is it just autographs? Do they sell anything?

kylehess10
01-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I've never been. Is it just autographs? Do they sell anything?

It's just a long line, plenty of waiting, and they show up right at the start time. They'll all be sitting at a single table, and you just go by each player within a minute or two and have everything signed, then leave. It's nothing too special, just an opportunity to get autographs of all the players who you never see signing during the season.

murfsteve25
01-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Kyle,

Any idea on what players were signing at the stadium this past season for the Alumni signings that they had every month?

kylehess10
01-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Kyle,

Any idea on what players were signing at the stadium this past season for the Alumni signings that they had every month?

They actually have alumni signings every Sunday home game here. I believe Justice has done 1 or 2 of those. I'm usually in BP though during the signings so I don't see who's up there all the time.

allstarsplus
01-21-2012, 04:02 PM
What an amazing event your team does! That is a lot of mileage they cover!

kylehess10
01-21-2012, 07:31 PM
What an amazing event your team does! That is a lot of mileage they cover!

yea they consider all these places "Braves Country" and won't up about it during the season lol

I've lost count of how many times I've heard "this is Braves country" in 2011

kylehess10
01-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Apparently the Power Lunch isn't something the players will be signing at, so wherever you see that on the schedule, don't show up expecting a signing. Here's a new schedule to understand easier who will be where:

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/community/caravan.jsp?loc=schedule

kylehess10
02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
If anyone is planning on attending the caravan tomorrow in Cumming, please note that the line has already started and people will be camping out. I may join them later tonight, but if anyone expects to get there in time for autographs, definitely plan on arriving well before 7am. A lot of people will be there by then

kylehess10
02-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Anybody attend any?

I camped out for 14 hours at the Cumming stop. I was number 153 in line

10 hours camping out in Chattanooga - number 1 in line

5 hours waiting in Snellville - number 43 in line

http://i39.tinypic.com/156d2dv.jpg