PDA

View Full Version : Howard Johnson g/u jerseyfor auction by the Mets

TNTtoys
09-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I came across this jersey being auctioned by Mets/Steiner at the Mets site. It's a game used HoJo jersey... but it's a 2005 white alternate!

Upon seeing it, I thought I might have slept through half of the 2005 season, because I can't for the life of me recall HoJo coaching the NY Mets. He's been a fixture in their Minor League organizations from Brooklyn to Norfolk.

I have 'googled' his name and have come up with nothing regarding him coaching for the Mets last year -- in fact I found an extensive minor league coaching history that extends into 2006. I have searched a couple of baseball sites who provide the full list of coaches per team by year, and again, no HoJo in any of the lists (I'm sure I can continue to dig for info, but I don't have any more time to waste today).

Here's the link to the jersey:
http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=74945451&prmenbr=33339254&aunbr=75292161
Anyone out there know anything about this one?

indyred
09-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm not Mets expert, but I recall seeing a steiner/Mets batting helmet from 2005 of his on ebay within the last couple of weeks. I was just surprised a coach had his own batting helmet.....

suave1477
09-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Well I dont know what searches you have found but I can say this it is a good possibility that it might have come from there extended minor league season camps or there instructional camps or even there Special Instruction off season camps as in those they tend to use the Major League equipment.