PDA

View Full Version : Challenge to all photomatch junkies

onlyalbert
01-25-2012, 12:05 AM
I have the 2011 Adam Wainwright jersey from the Cardinals auction. I have searched Getty, AP Images, and US Presswire for photos of him in a home white. Obviously there won't be many if any. I do not have MLBtv and my WS disc set is not here yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

legaleagle92481
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Just try googling Adam Wainwright 2011 pic. I had some trouble finding pics of players wearing a few jerseys I had and I tried that and you would be shocked how much comes up sometimes. Since he was hurt the whole year the traditional sources are not going to have many but there may be less traditional sources that have them.

onlyalbert
01-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Just try googling Adam Wainwright 2011 pic. I had some trouble finding pics of players wearing a few jerseys I had and I tried that and you would be shocked how much comes up sometimes. Since he was hurt the whole year the traditional sources are not going to have many but there may be less traditional sources that have them.

Thanks legal! I'll give it a shot. Anyone else want to chime in? Thanks in advance.

legaleagle92481
01-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Thanks legal! I'll give it a shot. Anyone else want to chime in? Thanks in advance.

i looked a bit for you and best i found were a bunch of pics of him with a jacket over his jersey even when he threw out first pitch last year in the series. i found a few dugout shots and that was same result.

onlyalbert
01-26-2012, 12:17 AM
i looked a bit for you and best i found were a bunch of pics of him with a jacket over his jersey even when he threw out first pitch last year in the series. i found a few dugout shots and that was same result.

Yeah, I saw those. I did find 3 shots of him in Spring Training 2011 post surgery with the brace. I'll look at those a little closer. I can't imagine him being issued too many 2011 jerseys. I will definitely ask him next year at the Winter Warmup about it. My guess is he only wore the jackets for comfort....but part of me hopes he went ahead a suited up fully under the jacket "for the team effect"! :)

emann
01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I saw those. I did find 3 shots of him in Spring Training 2011 post surgery with the brace. I'll look at those a little closer. I can't imagine him being issued too many 2011 jerseys. I will definitely ask him next year at the Winter Warmup about it. My guess is he only wore the jackets for comfort....but part of me hopes he went ahead a suited up fully under the jacket "for the team effect"! :)

The "team effect" is actually a written rule:

(a) (1) All players on a team shall wear uniforms identical in color, trim and style, and all players uniforms shall include minimal six inch numbers on their backs.

This is the rule they used to challenge Terry Francona on, who was required to wear his jersey under the pullover (as most of the pitchers do on off days).

I'd think you've got a good chance he wore it on the bench, if he sat through an actual game.