PDA

View Full Version : Going to a Signing

yanks12025
01-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Hello,

So this weekend I'm finally going to get several of my game used items signed by Chris Chambliss and was curious on your guys thoughts. The first is a Yankee ERA used hat. Should I have him sign it on top of the brim or under it by the number?

Second, I'm going to have him sign his rookie bat. What should he inscribe? 1971 R.O.Y, 1971 rookie Bat, R.O.Y Game Used Bat,?

And maybe his Braves helmet. I saw acouple threads about paint pens, but will a sharpie be fine?

Thanks for the advice

legaleagle92481
01-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello,

So this weekend I'm finally going to get several of my game used items signed by Chris Chambliss and was curious on your guys thoughts. The first is a Yankee ERA used hat. Should I have him sign it on top of the brim or under it by the number?

Second, I'm going to have him sign his rookie bat. What should he inscribe? 1971 R.O.Y, 1971 rookie Bat, R.O.Y Game Used Bat,?

And maybe his Braves helmet. I saw acouple threads about paint pens, but will a sharpie be fine?

Thanks for the advice

Hat-On top of the brim otherwise the sig. is not visible.

Bat- How about "Chris Chambliss 1971 R.O.Y., 1971 Game Used Bat"

Helmet-Use the paint pen the sharpie might not show up well and if it comes out bad it wrecks the appearance of the helmet.

yanks12025
01-28-2012, 10:38 PM
So went to the signing today and have to say that Mr. Chambliss is a very nice guy. He chatted with my father and I for acouple minutes and was blowing away when he gave him his items to signed. He looked over the hat and confirmed it was one of his Yankee ones. Also I finally got an answer for my question of how many hats they were normally issued each year (2-3).

When he looked at the bat, he totally enjoyed it and talked about how it was a early one. He wrote 1971 AL ROY and Game Used bat. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Was a great time.

DonFan23
01-29-2012, 04:39 PM
BL,

Didn't realize you were going - would have contacted you beforehand to meet. I attended both days.

I didn't have anything for Chambliss, but got a very similar reaction from Lou Piniella when I pulled out one of his GU bats to sign. He took a few hacks, checked and noted that he knew it was his due to the shaved handle, and then took a few more hacks before signing & inscribing it for me.

Regards,

R.J.