Can anyone help photo match this braun helmet the mlb hologram says its a signed braun jersey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjkraner
    • Feb 2009

Can anyone help photo match this braun helmet the mlb hologram says its a signed braun jersey

• jjkraner
    • Feb 2009

Re: Can anyone help photo match this braun helmet the mlb hologram says its a signed braun jersey

Hopefully the pics stay on. I think the helmet is from preseason but hoping at least one game from his mvp season

Comment

• jjkraner
      • Feb 2009

Re: Can anyone help photo match this braun helmet the mlb hologram says its a signed braun jersey

Anybody???? I have looked everywhere and cant find an pictures of him wearing this helmet. The brewers are asking the mlb about the hologram. I will have to wait for that.

Comment

• mlupo
        • Jun 2010

2010 All-star game??? I believe most, if not all players wore that style helmet for the game. Also, what is the date for the hologram, I know it's the wrong item, but the date might give you a good idea of when it was used and you can look for pics around that time. Just an idea

Comment

• jjkraner
          • Feb 2009

photo match thank you. braun game used all star game helmet

Comment

• jjkraner
            • Feb 2009

Hart wearing same model

Comment

• jjkraner
              • Feb 2009

Comment

• happyyoungster
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jjkraner

I don't doubt the claim...but,
                I don't see the photomatch in the picture provided??

Comment

• jjkraner
                  • Feb 2009

Still looking for some photos from the back of the helmet to help solve if this is the all star helmet. The ear flap matches but I would like more evidence. Can anyone help?

Comment

• happyyoungster
                    • Jan 2008

I will say this:

While still quite uncommon, this style of helmet is not exclusive to the All-Star Game. I personally inspected the same style of helmet issued to (and presumably worn by) Brewers OF Carlos Gomez. As all Brewers fans know, Gomez hasn't sniffed an All-Star game bid.

I'll need to see some photos of Braun actually wearing this style of helmet to come to any conclusion.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by happyyoungster
                      I will say this:

While still quite uncommon, this style of helmet is not exclusive to the All-Star Game. I personally inspected the same style of helmet issued to (and presumably worn by) Brewers OF Carlos Gomez. As all Brewers fans know, Gomez hasn't sniffed an All-Star game bid.

I'll need to see some photos of Braun actually wearing this style of helmet to come to any conclusion.
                      The only reason Gomez wore that helmet was because earlier in the season he took a pitch to the head and needed to be evaluated afterwards. Once he was cleared to play again, he was concerned about taking another pitch to the head so opted for the helmet that offers more protection. During the regular season, Gomez is the only Brewer to wear the S100. It must be noted though, that when Rawlings first came out with the S100 all times were given a helmet to evaluate. Most teams didn't even bother wearing them in BP. I believe, only Dempster, Wright, Victorino, Gomez and Cervelli have worn this helmet during the regular season at one point. I have another picture of Braun wearing the S100 during the 2010 All-Star Game, and I can't see a match.

Comment

• happyyoungster
                        • Jan 2008

It would certainly help if you posted some clearer pictures of the helmet without the reflection from the flash.

Comment

• astros5.7
                          • Oct 2010

Attached Files

Comment

• happyyoungster
                            • Jan 2008

After reviewing the game on MLB.TV, I did notice that the decals on the rear of the helmet were completely different. It is possible the helmet made a return trip to Milwaukee after the All-Star Game was played and the decals were removed in favor of team decals. While I don't recall Braun ever using this style of helmet during the regular season, it is not totally inconceivable.

I would need better pictures from Kraner to make my humble determination.

Comment

• astros5.7
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by happyyoungster
                              After reviewing the game on MLB.TV, I did notice that the decals on the rear of the helmet were completely different. It is possible the helmet made a return trip to Milwaukee after the All-Star Game was played and the decals were removed in favor of team decals. While I don't recall Braun ever using this style of helmet during the regular season, it is not totally inconceivable.

I would need better pictures from Kraner to make my humble determination.
                              I agree it is possible the decals were replaced, but with no distinguishing marks on the helmet in the game, it's going to be hard to prove.

Comment

Working...