PDA

View Full Version : NFL Jerseys to Nike

mad87man
02-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I haven't seen anyone really discuss this lately. What is everyone hoping/expecting with these jerseys? Also do you think Reebok stuff will increase in value a little or decrease? Or not change much at all.

punch
02-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I was reading that so far the Seahawks have been the only team that is seeking NFL approval to have Nike totally redo their designs.

I have a feeling one team is going to let Nike go nuts (Seahawks?), then next year a few more, then a few more the year after that.. and so on.

I'm all for letting Nike go nuts on the Vikings uniforms. I hate the current design.

punch
02-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Article that talks about the Seahawks seeking to have Nike redo their uniforms: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/league-says-significant-changes-with-shift-to-nike-arent-coming/

Just for reference.

mad87man
02-02-2012, 03:23 PM
I would love to see them in the Neon greens all year. On a side note anyone see that Peterson couldn't change his name without paying? Pretty crappy for him, glad he told them no.

mickeymbz
02-02-2012, 04:32 PM
lets just hope Nike doesnt do a gawdy job on the NFL like the oregon ducks jerseys. i'd like to see a return to the original look the vikes had for years ,,,the same for all the teams. The bears dont need a change whatsoever from tradition. Nike messed up the NBA.. with cheaper material than what champion was putting out,.. hoping they dont do the same to the NFL

BrianK
02-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I wonder whether the teams will reuse any of this year's pants and jerseys. I'm guessing not. Maybe a bunch of lesser-known players and "issued" jerseys will hit the market.

John in KY
02-05-2012, 08:36 PM
There have been a lot of discussion about this on the sports logos forums.

Essentially when Reebok took over the NFL contract back in 2001 they kept the on-field unforms with the Ripon company (the former Sand-Knit company/factory).

Nike has already said that they are going to move all teams to their "cut" - I believe the "Speed Machine", not the "Pro Combat" cut. All teams will look a little different due to fitting their uniforms onto the Nike cut.

As part of this the Seahawks are getting new uniforms - supposedly they are cutting back on the "Seahawks blue" and emphasising the navy blue. We'll have to wait and see, but there have been some crazy rumors about them bringing back silver or even having feathers (like Oregon) on the uniforms.

The other confirmed changes are the Broncos will be changing to their orange jerseys as primary (they wanted this for 2011 but filed their change request too late) and Jacksonville is adding a black alternate. Jacksonville will also get their stripe pattern fixed on the Nike template (their stripes are different on all 3 jersey cuts from Reebok - the standard, the lineman, and the "super-stretchy" all chop that stripe differently). However, they evidently are going to make major changes for 2013.

We'll likely see teams with trendy looks get make-overs eventually while traditional teams will look pretty much the same. I for one would love to see the new Nike template bring back 3 full sleeve stripes for the 49ers instead of the one full and two partial "under-arm" stripes on their current Reebok template. Also I belive this template will allow the Colts shoulder stripes to come back down further on the jersey than the recent Reebok templates.

John in KY
02-05-2012, 08:38 PM
I wonder whether the teams will reuse any of this year's pants and jerseys. I'm guessing not. Maybe a bunch of lesser-known players and "issued" jerseys will hit the market.

The teams will not be reusing any of the old Reebok pants and jerseys for games; they will all be the new Nike template that will be made by their contractor (I believe it is Powers) instead of Ripon

mlupo
02-06-2012, 03:44 AM
lets just hope Nike doesnt do a gawdy job on the NFL like the oregon ducks jerseys. i'd like to see a return to the original look the vikes had for years ,,,the same for all the teams. The bears dont need a change whatsoever from tradition. Nike messed up the NBA.. with cheaper material than what champion was putting out,.. hoping they dont do the same to the NFL

Agree x1000

mad87man
02-06-2012, 04:46 AM
I wouldn't mind if teams had one outlandish uniform,then again i'm a Jets fan and think they have horrible 3rd uniforms.