PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton relapsed

shaunharr
02-02-2012, 09:52 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2012/02/02/report-former-red-josh-hamilton-has-alcohol-related-relapse/

frikativ54
02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2012/02/02/report-former-red-josh-hamilton-has-alcohol-related-relapse/

Sad to read, but probably to be expected. Josh is human. I wish him all the best, because I know that in his heart, he cares. To have come as far as he has come is to be admired. He's still one of my favorite players. :)

flaco1801
02-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Cut the dude some slack....just because he went to rehab.... i never believed that ALL patients could NEVER have to a drink for the rest of their lives.... some can get cleaned up and never have a problem with an occasional drink...

10thMan
02-03-2012, 08:36 AM
The Man has more Courage than Most could ever dream about. Most would have been cowards & ran with it. Not only did he speak to his Family about it, but his Team as well.

I respect honesty/courage more than anything, SPECIALLY Status.

God Bless you Josh!

Sean

ironmanfan
02-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Rangers should have pursued Prince harder & let Hamilton walk after this year

yanks12025
02-03-2012, 09:20 AM
I always thought his story was way overblowing, like being a hero and everything cause he battled back from drugs.

otismalibu
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't care, what the people are thinkin'
I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'

- Albert Collins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVfc8-Y7sQ

eGameUsed
02-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Josh is scheduled to be at an event tonight in Houston that I am attending. Hope he still makes it.

Thanks,

gingi79
02-03-2012, 07:32 PM
I think it is overlooked that the person who outed Josh Hamilton for his relapse was....Josh Hamilton. In a sport where we the fans hate the secrecy, lying and coverups involved with steroid and PED use, this kind of transparency and apology should conversely be praised.

He didn't even cheat, simply relapsed into an addiction. If you have never faced an addiction, ciggs, alcohol, drugs, etc, then you have no sense of what living with one is like. Admitting to a relapse can be almost as difficult as first admitting you have a problem. I'm not impressed with an All Star baseball player outing themselves, I am impressed with someone who won't BS themselves.

I wasn't a Hamilton fan before, I sure am now.

cjclong
02-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Its sad because Hamilton is a good person. Remember how he invited his old high school coach to pitch to him in the home run derby at the last All Star Game at Yankee Stadium. Josh said Mr. Council had pitched batting practice for years to the high school kids and many had never thanked him and Josh remembered and wanted to thank him. I'm sure getting to pitch at Yankee Stadium was a thrill for his coach. How many people when they get to be stars forget the people who helped them along the way. After I heard about this I wrote a letter to a teacher from years ago who had meant a lot to me. I got a letter back thanking me and later learned the teacher has cancer and I'm glad I wrote before it was too late. Josh taught me a lesson in life that has nothing to do with sports and I will always appreciate it.

godwulf
02-06-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm still trying to figure out the "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" headline on the article. That makes absolutely no sense.

As for having too much to drink twice in three years, I'm sure that's disappointing for Hamilton, personally, and not something he wanted to happen; but he is, after all, and as someone else said, only human, and he'll get over it. Hopefully, all the self-righteous finger-pointers and dry drunks will, too.

Fnazxc0114
02-09-2012, 10:46 PM
rumor on the street is it was much worse. Hope it wasnt.

frikativ54
02-10-2012, 12:24 PM

Do tell.

bd300
02-11-2012, 04:48 AM
I read an article that he had sex with a woman in the bar's restroom.

xpress34
02-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Any FACTS to back up these RUMORS?

What article? Where? On-line or in print?

I read an article that he had sex with a woman in the bar's restroom.

I thought there had been discussions about throwing people under the bus on GUU without any factual proof or evidence - or does that only apply to Auction Houses and Board Members - not athletes?

Making general vague statements like these IN PRINT with no factual basis provided does open up potential grounds for Libel or Defamation actions.

THINK before you throw this 'drivel' out there.

yanks12025
02-11-2012, 11:42 AM
http://deadspin.com/5883865/what-happened-on-the-night-josh-hamilton-had-a-relapse-alleged-bathroom-sex-one-eyewitness-account

Sounds like it ain't a vague statement, when there's news articles saying the same and witnesses backing it up who were at the bar that night.

xpress34
02-11-2012, 12:03 PM
http://deadspin.com/5883865/what-happened-on-the-night-josh-hamilton-had-a-relapse-alleged-bathroom-sex-one-eyewitness-account

Sounds like it ain't a vague statement, when there's news articles saying the same and witnesses backing it up who were at the bar that night.

Yanks -

Thanks for the link...

My point being it IS a vague statement when a member posts something like that yet fails to provide a link or any kind of proof to the statement made.

You came on her and provided a link - the OP of the statement should have done that when they posted the statement.

bd300
02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I posted the comment from my phone while I was at work and didn't have the link at the time. I saw that someone wanted to know what the rumor was and I just stated that I saw an article.

Sorry xpress34 if I upset you. Thanks yanks12025 for posting it.

Fnazxc0114
02-11-2012, 11:16 PM
xpress you know what you can do with your internet sheriffs badge? If you have a problem with a statement try using your google.

jppopma
02-12-2012, 01:42 AM
xpress you know what you can do with your internet sheriffs badge? If you have a problem with a statement try using your google.

Fnazxc, you forgot to post the link to xpress being appointed internet sheriff...therefore your comments can certainly not be valid at all.

As for the topic, it has been all over the news well before bd posted it. But I better be careful to admit that I hear or read that at risk of being held for libel.

Hopefully Hamilton will move past this little slip up and people can let things go.

xpress34
02-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I posted the comment from my phone while I was at work and didn't have the link at the time. I saw that someone wanted to know what the rumor was and I just stated that I saw an article.

Sorry xpress34 if I upset you. Thanks yanks12025 for posting it.

bd300 -

1st, we're all good.

I was simply making a point that people get bashed here all the time for making statements that they don't back up with any facts or connections to articles, etc that back up those statements.

All the best -

Smitty

xpress34
02-12-2012, 10:17 AM

Fnazxc -

I didn't know I was the Internet Sheriff? When did I get appointed?

See my comment to bd300 below. I'm simply stating that if you're going to throw out comments like yours, it would be nice if your were responsible enough to add a link to your source.

But I digress - I need to go polish my badge. :eek:

xpress34
02-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Fnazxc, you forgot to post the link to xpress being appointed internet sheriff...therefore your comments can certainly not be valid at all.

As for the topic, it has been all over the news well before bd posted it. But I better be careful to admit that I hear or read that at risk of being held for libel.

Hopefully Hamilton will move past this little slip up and people can let things go.

jppopma -

I don't remember being appointed Sherrif either... anyone know what the position pays? :p

As for the topic, I had seen nothing about it here in Denver - on the news or on the net - until reading the comments that were posted.

As far as Hamilton, I agree - hopefully, whatever happened that night (only Josh and few people REALLY know the truth) - Hambone can put this behind him and get back on his path and others can let it go and move on.

jppopma
02-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Xpress....be careful with that badge! Plastic doesn't polish very well and I don't think it pays enough to buy a new one... :)

My comments were tongue in cheek in that it does seem like you jumped the gun on him posting something that alot of us knew.

You do bring up an interesting issue of the validity of things posted online. Even if someone posts a link to an article, many of the articles that show up online are nothing more than glorified blogs with no real journalistic value (or ethics). I have seen alot of these get picked up by mainline news sites and ad things get very messy. Guess you can't really believe much of what you read to begin with ...link or not.