PDA

View Full Version : Resignation as a Moderator

dcgreg25
02-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey guys I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that effective immediately I am resigning as a moderator on the forum. I will still be around as a collector and I have enjoyed working with the other moderators but it is time for me to move on. I am sure Chris will make a formal announcement as to a transition but any moderating emails should be sent directly to Chris and/or forumadmin@gameuseduniverse.com (forumadmin@gameuseduniverse.com) Thanks.

Moderators- feel free to move this to the General Sports Discussion if you feel it more appropriate!

otismalibu
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
My sources tell me that another Moderator has already been selected.

http://sharetv.org/images/dirty_jobs-show.jpg

allstarsplus
02-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I had also resigned as a Moderator after 2 years of service. I will use the time spent moderating to concentrate on charity work and new business ventures.

allstarsplus
02-03-2012, 12:01 PM
My sources tell me that another Moderator has already been selected.

http://sharetv.org/images/dirty_jobs-show.jpg You know about those rumors!

frikativ54
02-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Good luck to both of you; thanks for your service to GUU. :)

joelsabi
02-03-2012, 03:18 PM
I have also resigned.

I just wanted to say that I could not have work with a better set of gentlemen on the Moderating Committee than Andrew, Greg, Nick and David. You guys are the greatest.

Respectfully,

Joel

Gyro123
02-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Uh oh. Three mods all resigning all at once??? Something doesn't sound right.

earlywynnfan
02-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah, this cannot be a coincidence!

Sorry to see the three of you go, hope you continue to at least post.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

frikativ54
02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry to read about all three resignations at once. I'd be willing to help out, if any is needed.

-Frik

gingi79
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
As Leroy Jethro Gibbs says "I don't believe in coincidences"

Whatever is causing this fracas, I hope it turns out well. Like Frik, I'd like to offer any assistance I can.

RJB44
02-03-2012, 06:17 PM
wow..mass exodus

project 4
02-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Fire @ the mountain top? Thanks for everything y'all did!

metsbats
02-03-2012, 07:48 PM
From the Oxford dictionary of proverbs:

"Bad Things come in threes"

So why would GUF be immune?:p

But seriously I'd like to personally thank Greg, Andrew, and Joel for making the moderation of the GUF most pleasurable for me for the last two years. We all as a group have worked very well together which is probably why we never stuck to our original plan of rotating a new commitee into place after the first year. I have a great respect for each of these gentlemen and all their hard work over the last two years in making the forum a much better place than it was prior to the creation of the moderation commitee.

As you can imagine moderating a large forum like GUF takes alot of time and dedication and can certainly put a strain on one's professional and personal lives (physically and emotionally). I certainly respect and relate to their decisons to step down as moderators to dedicate more appropriate time to their professional and personal livelyhoods.

As far as the current status of the moderation commitee myself, Nick, and Mike are still here. Chris is currently away on business and will return at the end of the weekend and as Greg indicated will most likely post something on any future expansion plans to the moderation committee.

As an aside we really appreciate the reported threads we've been getting from members. As all 6 of us cannot catch all threads all the time those folks who have been reporting threads have been an immense help to us. Your continued support will be most appreciate especially in our diminished capacity. Thank You!

Once again Greg, Andrew, and Joel it was a great honor and priviledge to serve with you on the very first GUF moderator committee and I wish you all the best in your new endeavors!

Regards
David

ironmanfan
02-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Speaking of moderators, is there anyway we can officially remove Justin Priddy as the moderator on the Autograph Forum?

tigerdale
02-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Thank you to all moderators for everything you have given to this forum, it is greatly appreciated!!!

coxfan
02-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Moderators have a tough job, and it may seem thankless at times due to what you have to put up with. But the great majority of us: posters, non-posting members, and visitors alike, much appreciate what you've achieved and are continuing to provide. Most of what I know of this hobby comes through constructive postings here, especuially since reliable published info is hard to find elsewhere.

earlywynnfan
02-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Speaking of moderators, is there anyway we can officially remove Justin Priddy as the moderator on the Autograph Forum?

... considering Justin Priddy seems to have already removed himself as moderator on the Autograph Forum!

Talk about someone who couldn't stand the heat in the kitchen!

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

beavisrules
02-04-2012, 09:29 AM
To Greg and the other moderators - thanks for all your time and efforts on the forum. The fact that you spent your time voluntarily to make this board a fun and educational place to learn more about game used memorabilia is much appreciated.

SaintsGeaux
02-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Nothing original to add. Just my thanks also. I am a gawker and rarely post. I hope vigilance prevails over politics and profit as this group of moderators seemed fair when issues arose.

schubert1970
02-04-2012, 12:14 PM
On a more serious note, everyone is a bit curious as to the reason of this multiple exit. It certainly can't be a mere coincidence?

jppopma
02-04-2012, 12:55 PM
My hats off to all of the mods. I find it hard enough to find time to get on here to read just the post I am interested in. I can't imagine needing to read through everything that is posted on here. All the best to the three who have stepped down and I hope you stay on to continue posting for years to come (we have way too many good "whatever happened to" people from the past).

sportscentury
02-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Many thanks to Andrew, Greg and Joel for their tireless efforts and selflessness.

sox83cubs84
02-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Mods past and present: a tip of the cap to you all. It's not glamorous, but necessary. I sure wouldn't want to do it, so I'm glad that there's principled guys like you out there who do.

Dave Miedema

ChrisCavalier
02-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

Sorry I couldn't post on this thread earlier but, as David mentioned in an earlier post, I was away this weekend at conference and couldn't post until now.

Just so everyone knows, the reason the moderators decided to resign falls on me. Originally, we planned to do one year terms for the moderators but I was a bit spoiled by how good these guys were in helping the community. Given I was also tied up in trying to create a new organization that we believe will help great numbers of people (even beyond the sports memorabilia industry), I neglected to check with the moderators to see if they could continue providing the services they were providing to help the members. It has been nearly two years since they originally signed up and it was my fault for not checking with them sooner. There is a good lesson there for everyone not to take things for granted as I did.

I had mentioned to Greg I would be at a conference this weekend and unable to post but he felt the need to make a post resigning immediately and I understand perfectly his need to make the post. At this point, I am still very busy working on trying to create something which is going to help many people in need and he felt the need to make the announcement when he did. When he decided to make the move, I think Andrew and Joel (who are also very busy) decided it was time for them to make a change as well.

Let me say that, as I mentioned above, I don't think we could have been more privileged than to have these three gentlemen help the GUU community the way they did. They have given so much that it is very difficult for me to put into words how much there efforts are appreciated. I hope that everyone on these boards feels the same and I am delighted to see many of you post your appreciation for these people as well.

We will be seeking to replace these three men soon and we will communicate the process shortly. In the interim, I think it is important to also recognize David Louie, Nick DeSalvo and Mike Specht. Even though they have not resigned, I think our members should also recognize all they are doing to help the community as well. I cannot think of six better men that I could have had the privilege to work with in GUU. I thank God for bringing them to us.

Sincerely,
Chris

Shipp_96
02-10-2012, 12:30 AM
I want to personally thank Greg for his services as a Moderator. I was on a self imposed hiatus for the last three months and had little desire to ever come on here again, due to some issues with (now banned) members.

Greg reached out to me several times on my personal email, and kept me updated on the status of things. If not for him, I would never have had the desire to come back to this forum, even though I missed it.

So I am sorry to see you go, and thank you again for all of your encouragement.

Larry Pelliccioni
02-10-2012, 08:35 AM
I am sorry to say that I don't know any of the moderators personally except Andrew Lang whom I hold in the highest regard for his love of family and this great hobby of ours. If the other two share his passion and integrity than this forum is the poorer for their loss. I hope that this parting is voluntary on their part and that as Chris has so clearly articulated that it was time for a change that other like minded, grounded individuals will emerge.
In the meantime, like others, I want to thank the departing moderators and salute them with a job "well done."
Thank you gentlemen.
Larry Pelliccioni
the Classic Stuff

dcgreg25
02-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I want to personally thank Greg for his services as a Moderator. I was on a self imposed hiatus for the last three months and had little desire to ever come on here again, due to some issues with (now banned) members.

Greg reached out to me several times on my personal email, and kept me updated on the status of things. If not for him, I would never have had the desire to come back to this forum, even though I missed it.

So I am sorry to see you go, and thank you again for all of your encouragement.

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad to see you back on the forum. I tried to serve as a moderator out of an appreciation for the hobby and to help other collectors- not out of loyalty or obligation to a person or a site. Welcome back.

Shipp_96
02-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Your welcome, and thanks again Greg!