PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady Gamer goes for big money...

Dewey2007
02-04-2012, 12:08 PM
2011 Brady jersey goes for 40K in Hunt's SB Auction. WOW!!

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=35&lot_num=1&lot_qual=b

I don't even think that price includes the hammer which is an extra 6K. I hope Hunt Auctions throws in the shipping on this one...

mmonte4
02-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Only the online bidding is done. The live portion starts at 2pm CST today. This should be interesting!

Dewey2007
02-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Hunt's website says live auction bidding on Lots 1-345 started at 11am EST so it's already been going on for about 1 1/2 hours. The Brady jersey was Lot 1B so I think that's the final auction price.

Only the online bidding is done. The live portion starts at 2pm CST today. This should be interesting!

fbchiefs879
02-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I wonder if whoever bought the Brady realizes that he could've bought a brand new car with that money.....or helped me out with some bills....lol

jhunt28
02-06-2012, 02:01 PM
I wonder if whoever bought the Brady realizes that he could've bought a brand new car with that money.....or helped me out with some bills....lol

I have thought about exactly what you just said...but what will your $40,000 car be worth in 10 years after you have 90,000 miles on it? Probably $2,000. I'm willing to bet that this jersey is still worth $40,000 in 10 years, and most likely well more than that. Brady isn't done...

otismalibu
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Reports surfacing that claim Giselle Bundchen ripped the high bidder for dropping that much money on a football jersey.

frikativ54
02-06-2012, 02:53 PM

Or paid for me to get an advanced degree! :D

rdeversole
02-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Certainly looks like the winner of the ELI MANNING jersey got away with a steal!

legaleagle92481
02-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Certainly looks like the winner of the ELI MANNING jersey got away with a steal!

I was shocked that price was so low, would have thought with the Super Bowl hype and all the deep pocket Giants fans at the live portion it would have sold for close to double that. But then if he had lost that would be a more than fair price. The problem with Eli before Sunday was his career had been a roller coaster. He has had years, including last year when he played not near an elite level and only one or two elite years.

jhunt28
02-07-2012, 10:51 AM
I was shocked that price was so low, would have thought with the Super Bowl hype and all the deep pocket Giants fans at the live portion it would have sold for close to double that. But then if he had lost that would be a more than fair price. The problem with Eli before Sunday was his career had been a roller coaster. He has had years, including last year when he played not near an elite level and only one or two elite years.

I really have never understood the value of Eli Manning gamers, helmets or jerseys? I owned one of his helmets, and had a very hard time selling it for what I paid for it. His jerseys never seem to command much money, and it seems as if his helmets frequently hit the market. Although there are a few bad counterfit helmets on EBay, there is a legitimate Eli for sale from a well respected collector for $4,900. Hardly the asking price I would expect for a 2 time Superbowl MVP, and someone who has thrown for over 4,000 yards in 3 consecutive seasons.

I'm a big Jets fan (unfortunately), and I know for a fact that Mark Sanchez jerseys have sold in the range of $5,000-8,000, and helmets that have sold in the $8,000-10,000 range. Sanchez is a fraction of the QB that Eli is...and it's not merely a supply/demand issue.

legaleagle92481
02-07-2012, 11:56 PM
I really have never understood the value of Eli Manning gamers, helmets or jerseys? I owned one of his helmets, and had a very hard time selling it for what I paid for it. His jerseys never seem to command much money, and it seems as if his helmets frequently hit the market. Although there are a few bad counterfit helmets on EBay, there is a legitimate Eli for sale from a well respected collector for $4,900. Hardly the asking price I would expect for a 2 time Superbowl MVP, and someone who has thrown for over 4,000 yards in 3 consecutive seasons.

I'm a big Jets fan (unfortunately), and I know for a fact that Mark Sanchez jerseys have sold in the range of $5,000-8,000, and helmets that have sold in the $8,000-10,000 range. Sanchez is a fraction of the QB that Eli is...and it's not merely a supply/demand issue.

i think that collectors don't know how to value him. despite the two titles the giants except for 2008 have not had dominant regular seasons. eli also has never had a signature regular season. ala rodgers this year, brady in 2007, etc. he has never been a serious candidate for regular season mvp or an all pro team and even in his best years like this year his stats have lagged behind other top qbs. i also think being peytons little brother hurts his value because of peyton's statistical regular season greatness that few ever have matched and certaintly not eli. if he was eli smith collectors would value him higher. as for sanchez i think he represents hope. before eli the giants had been to a super bowl in 2000, won one in 90. most fans had seen them play in 3 super bowls. if eli had never been a giant they still would be a historic franchise. the jets and im a jets fan also looked at him as the qb who was going to alter the franchise's history. when was the last time the jets had a top five pick qb? and in his first year he took them to a rare afc championship game and again in his second year he did that so i think fans until the second half of this year thought this guy would be special and that he would be the one to break the drought.

kudu
02-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I would think good looks also has something to do with the high bids on Brady, Sanchez, Rodgers, etc jerseys. Women are bidders in the auctions as well.

genius
02-08-2012, 09:40 PM
If the reverse is true about looks and jersey values, maybe I'll actually have a shot if this shirt ever resurfaces:

cohibasmoker
02-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I think Eli may be the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

The other day I was watching a NFL film special where NY Giants players were interviewed - it seems to me his teammates and coaches have the utmost respect and confidence in Eli (especially in the 4th quarter) to get it done. He works as hard if not harder than anyone on the team. No nightclubs, no incidents, no flash and no hope - he simply goes about his business and makes it happen.

I've attached a couple of links, check them out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Manning

http://voices.yahoo.com/nfl-quarterbacks-2-super-bowl-wins-more-2612739.html

Just an opinion,

Jim