PDA

View Full Version : Finally ran down a Buccaneers Grail!

jake33
02-05-2012, 01:35 PM
I have been trying to run down an orange Buccaneers game used jersey from 1995-1996 or one from the throwback games that started in 2009. Ran down one of a player that I have a couple game used items of - from portland state - ADAM Hayward.

Now, i grossly overpaid for this item, which i am not happy about at all.

But, I did want to thank everyone who bought a namepalte from me in 2011. Without those sales, i could not have purchased this.

Now just need a game used bucco bruce helmet of a player that is identifiable and a Hardy Nickerson game used jersey and I will finally be in the maintence stange of my Bucs collection. To me it is meaning, no more purchases from scratch. Anythign else I would get would be to buy something and sell something. Took a decade to get to this point.... whew....

Can't wait for the day to assemble my sports room, with ONLY game used item in it, no junk, no retail items, no bobbleheads, no stadium give aways. Streamlined game used Tampa Bay Bucs and Rays 100%.

Remember this, when colelcting, always stay focused on your theme. Don't let bordeom or long lapses of not finding items you want compromise what you really are looking for.

jake33
02-05-2012, 01:45 PM
I almost hate to say this, but I seriously hope no other orange throwback game used bucs jerseys hit the market. I know the Glazers were not happy at all when all those 300+ bucs jerseys hit the market on ebay in 2001 and 2002. The market got flooded so bad at one point that I saw Donnie Abraham, Ronde Barber, and Nickerson jerseys go as low at $68 a jersey.

slab0meat
02-05-2012, 01:47 PM
That was an eBay jersey, wasn't it? I think I remember seeing that a few days ago, and it was way more than I was willing to pay.

Glad you got a grail... the only creamsicle I have is a retail authentic (Alstott) and love it... I'd love a GU one as well! Enjoy.

jake33
02-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Yes was the ebay one. Got it less than the openign bid, but unless hayward wins the super bowl while scoring the winning TD, I likely will never see the money back on it.

Larry Pelliccioni
02-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Great pickup, wish I would have read that you wanted one earlier as I have one available of a player named WILSON.
I am looking for one with the 30 year patch with regular sleeves.
My keepers are Terry Hanratty, Mike Boryla and Ricky Bell with helmets of Terry Hanratty, Peterson (1st year), Hugh Green (my favorite item) and Donald Igubuike.
Was for the longest time a Bucs fan and loved the vintage styles and even the throwbacks.
Larry Pelliccioni
the Classic Stuff

slab0meat
02-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Is your Bucs listed in the C-to-C's? Either way, feel free to PM or email me at gaadrabin@gmail.com with its details if you're looking to deal one.

- greg

gadsden86
02-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Great pickup. I also cant wait to get my sports room setup. Always have something to look forward too. :D

34swtns
02-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Nice snag, Jake. I was watching that one and I'm glad you ended up with it.
Doesn't look like the team is interested in making those available anytime soon, either.

I got lucky and hit on another Ricky Bell gamer over the weekend along with a "Player of the Week" trophy he was given by the team in 1979.

I'll post pics later tonight.

jake33
02-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Nice pick up on the ricky bell, those are not easy to obtain at all!

frikativ54
02-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Congrats, Jake. I just ran down one of my grail items recently, so I know how exciting it is. :)

perlman9
02-06-2012, 04:34 PM
I figured that was you who picked it up! I was going to make an offer but had other things to get! Congrats!!!