PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Jerseys

JimCaravello
12-09-2005, 04:50 AM
I have always used wall cases to display jerseys - does anyone have any suggestions / pictures of good manequin displays they may use - similar to what you see the auction houses using. Any help is greatly appreciated....thanks

allstarsplus
12-09-2005, 08:44 AM
http://members.aol.com:/alang20165/mvc-065s.jpg

Go to www.jerseypro.com (http://www.jerseypro.com)
The website pictures do it no justice. The cases are great. Solid wood frame with glass front. They have wood hangers that hold the jerseys instead of sewing them to the background. Each hanger is specific to the sport so it is a different hanger for a baseball jersey vs. a basketball jersey. Lastly you get to choose a custom color for your background.

jdr3
12-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Hey Jim,

Here are a few things I've done taking the manequin route. There is a good place in Denver I go with called Manne-King. Hope this is helpful.

-Jim

JimCaravello
12-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Thanks for both responses to date! Its always great to see what others are doing. Jim

game-used-bat
12-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Jim,

Attached are 3 photos of how I display jerseys. The manequin display was purchased from a company out out of Virginia that has sold displays to Leland's and Grey Flannel. The jersey case in the second photo was made by your's truely! The third photo is simply door hangers that allow for a hanger and hat. Just various options I use in my "Game Used" room that my wife loves!

Thanks,

Chris Boyd
http://www.eGameUsed.com
ccboyd@houston.rr.com
713-385-1155

island_style
12-12-2005, 01:06 AM
allstarplus,

Loved the jerseypro.com website and the variable hanger system for different types of jerseys. Personally, I am not into the mannequin-style display or sewing jerseys into a background (my own choice). I have tried several different types of frames and cases for my jerseys. While, at first I was just excited to put the jerseys in a frame or case, the excitement wore off after a while after not being satisfied with the way they displayed. As a result, my jerseys are now in storage. However, after seeing the frames at jerseypro, I just may have found the style of frames that I have been looking for all along. Hopefully I can add some of them to my collection after recovering from the holiday credit card bills!

Kind Regards,

island_style

Vintagedeputy
12-12-2005, 02:13 PM
I bought an inexpensive mannequin body/stand on ebay for something like $38. The wooden base is nice and even the metal pole that holds the mannequin (although ugly) can be covered with a baseball bat.

stlbats
12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
The best work I have ever seen, if you want to have your jersey framed is by a guy named Jim Gamble. His company is called WallStars. He has done work for several MLB and NFL guys. I had him frame up some of my Ripken stuff, Jersey and some pictures. They are amazing. Somewhat pricey but worth the money. He cuts the team logos into the mat and adds cards or whatever accents you want around it. I will post a pic of my jersey soon.

Jason

stlbats
12-12-2005, 08:30 PM
here is the WallStars work. if anyone need his contact info. Please email me.
Jason

metsbats86
12-12-2005, 08:50 PM
This plexiglass display was purchased on ebay. Same company makes displays for bats too. In additional to the jersey I was able to fit two bats and a host of other stuff too.

-David

EndzoneSports
12-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Hey Jim,

Here are a few things I've done taking the manequin route. There is a good place in Denver I go with called Manne-King. Hope this is helpful.

-Jim

Jim-
Off the top of your head, do you have the item/catalog # for the 3/4-body manequins that you've used for the two Redskins' displays (uni #s 86/87) in your photo? This is exactly what I'm looking for and live within driving distance of Denver. If possible e-mail me directly at EndzoneSports@msn.com

Thanks in advance!