PDA

View Full Version : What site is the best to sell your GU NFL items?

project 4
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
I was wondering if NFL Auctions allows us to sell our items on their website. If so is that the best place? I was thinking ebay would be a good place to sell but I don't know if it would get as much attention.

mad87man
02-09-2012, 12:06 PM
You cannot send stuff into NFL auctions to sell things. You can send the stuff to an auction house or Ebay. Do you have any Jets stuff?

project 4
02-09-2012, 01:58 PM
You cannot send stuff into NFL auctions to sell things. You can send the stuff to an auction house or Ebay. Do you have any Jets stuff?

How do they get sellers then? I noticed when I got my item from the NFL auction it was from an individual, not the NFL.

TriplexXxSports
02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
How do they get sellers then? I noticed when I got my item from the NFL auction it was from an individual, not the NFL.

The "individual" that you refer to is the individual that handled the item for the NFL Auctions. They have a ton of workers that handle, collect, list, etc. items from each team in the NFL.

Stay away from eBay if possible. People look for deals on there and it its sometimes very hard to re-coupe anything out of your gear. I may be convenient, but no the preferred choice.

Auction houses are... well... do your homework. Downfall with them is most require you to send your item in (to be 'evaluated'), charge you 15%-25% of your sale, and take quite a bit of time to pay you. Sometimes a couple months (all said and done).

project 4
02-09-2012, 03:35 PM
The "individual" that you refer to is the individual that handled the item for the NFL Auctions. They have a ton of workers that handle, collect, list, etc. items from each team in the NFL.

Stay away from eBay if possible. People look for deals on there and it its sometimes very hard to re-coupe anything out of your gear. I may be convenient, but no the preferred choice.

Auction houses are... well... do your homework. Downfall with them is most require you to send your item in (to be 'evaluated'), charge you 15%-25% of your sale, and take quite a bit of time to pay you. Sometimes a couple months (all said and done).

Ok, I got it. So who's the best auction house out there from your experiences?

legaleagle92481
02-09-2012, 04:11 PM

Matt, I agree with everything you say but I think that its fine for smaller stuff. If you have $300 jerseys, auction houses don't want them and other than Ebay and here in the classifieds there really is no place to sell them. So I think if Project would give us a guide to the worth of the items it might be helpful to those giving him advice.

project 4
02-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Matt, I agree with everything you say but I think that its fine for smaller stuff. If you have $300 jerseys, auction houses don't want them and other than Ebay and here in the classifieds there really is no place to sell them. So I think if Project would give us a guide to the worth of the items it might be helpful to those giving him advice.

I'm not looking to sell anytime soon, just for future reference. The items I've purchased are from NFL auctions, JO and greyflannel. All come with Coa. I was thinking ebay would be the easiest but would not get much out of it.