PDA

View Full Version : Ever see an MLB hologram on a GU card?

jake33
02-11-2012, 01:13 PM
This is interesting, the hologram matches up in the database. Amazing how, I'd have a hard time getting even $150 for my Brad hawpe 2010 photo matched game used Rays jersey with team LOA. That drives me nuts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-09-TOPPS-UPDATE-BRAD-HAWPE-JUMBO-PATCH-1-6-1-1-W-MLB-AUTHENTIC-HOLOGRAM-/310376583696?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4843e2d210

Side, note..... Would be interesting if topps or UD wanted to bring in an authenticator to tag the game used patches on cards. The authenticator would have to witness the actual jersey, already with a hologram on it. Then be there for the process of making the cards and tag the cards, I am sure the labor to do this wouldn't make sense, but I'd rather see LESS jersey cards but ones with MLB holograms on them and maybe give jersey cards a bit more value. The royalties alone would make this a hard thing to sell and the fact that the average card consumer, just accepts patches on cards, as is.

happyyoungster
02-11-2012, 02:36 PM
The authenticators (here, in Milwaukee) have a hard enough time with the simple demands of the job (wrong inning, wrong players, wrong items, wrong everything). I'm fairly certain that their minds would short-circuit if they had to do anything remotely challenging...

gnishiyama
02-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Side, note..... Would be interesting if topps or UD wanted to bring in an authenticator to tag the game used patches on cards. The authenticator would have to witness the actual jersey, already with a hologram on it. Then be there for the process of making the cards and tag the cards, I am sure the labor to do this wouldn't make sense, but I'd rather see LESS jersey cards but ones with MLB holograms on them and maybe give jersey cards a bit more value. The royalties alone would make this a hard thing to sell and the fact that the average card consumer, just accepts patches on cards, as is.I don't see it as an unrealistic possibility. We sell these coins with
game used ball swatches cut from previously MLB Authenticated
game-used World Baseball Classic baseballs. Each coin has its own unique
MLB hologram on it that shows which ball it originated from. Can't
see why card companies can't do the same with swatches before
they manufacture the cards. With the availability of MLB Authenticated
game used equipment, it should be mandatory moving forward for card
companies to use only MLB authenticated items in their cards. It would
change the questionable game-used card game for sure.

i.e.
Hologram number LH313524 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
Session Product Description:
Session Name: HIGHLAND MINT AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: May 07, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: WBC ROUND 1- CHINA VS JAPAN-H. WAKUI PITCHING C. WANG BATTING FOULED 5TH INNING 3-5-09 ORIGINALLY AUTHENTICATED W/ HOLOGRAM BC014011

ORIGINAL HOLOGRAM:

Hologram number BC014011 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
Session Product Description:
Session Name: WBC ROUND 1 - TOKYO - CHINA VS. JAPAN
Session Date: March 05, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: HIDEAKI WAKUI PITCHER- CHAO WANG BATTER- FOUL 5TH INNING

MLB~NUT
02-17-2012, 07:58 PM
I have a couple of game used auto'd jersey cards from upper deck and topps with the MLB Authentication hologram on the jersey piece I believe I have 3 now, a Colby Rasmus, signed jersey card, Matt Holliday signed game jersey card, and also a Chris Carpenter auto game jersey card!!! all mlb holograms are whole not cut in half or anyting....

Todd Vernon

toddman26@sbcglobal.net

LastingsMilledge85
02-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Interesting, I know I saw an entire Brad Hawpe ASG BP jersey being sold about two years ago on MLB Auctions. This one is listed from the HR derby; perhaps he wore two different tops during the ASG?