PDA

View Full Version : Dbacks fanfest

OaklandAsFan
02-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Today was the Dbacks fanfest.

As a season ticket holder I could get in about an hour before the general public which is good because the community yard sale was pretty much sold out of the good stuff in about 20 min.

Somehow somebody managed to sneak in and get some stuff before the doors even opened which is BS, I can understand sneaking in but the yard sale shouldn't have been open until the gates opened.

With that being said I still managed to score a number of cool items.
Doug Davis GU hat
Mark Reynolds GU autographed hat
Conor Jackson GU autographed hat
lineup card from July 1st 2011 game vs Oakland in Oakland
GU Eric Byrnes Sam bat
an issued Easton Bat with "Angels Baseball" on the barrel that was signed by Kendry Morales, no clue how it got in there but for $10 what the hell
Garardo Parra LS M9 with authentication to a groundout in the bottom of the 4th on June 24th 2009 game vs the Rangers
Stephen Drew Marucci GU authenticated to July 19th 2008 game vs the Dodgers
Conor Jackson GU LS 125th Anniversary bat but his 34 was crossed out and 29 with written on the knob so possibly Brandon Allen GU.
Micah Owings GU LS M9 with is authenticated to game 4 of the 2011 NLDS
Stephen Drew GU Marucci authenticated to June 10 2009 flyball off Barry Zito
Miguel Montero GU Marucci
Chris Young GU Marucci
Dan Haren GU Rawlings
also got a few 8X10 autographed Brandon Allen pictures.

TONS of people there and the yard sale was a mad house but had some pretty good deals overall

treant985
02-11-2012, 08:17 PM
If you post pics of the Jackson bat, I might be able to tell if Allen used it. I don't think they overlapped with the DBacks did they? As far as I can tell, the only time Allen used a LVS in 2010 for the DBacks (in a game, that is) was on Sept 10 and Sept 11. It was an unknown teammate's blonde M9, but didn't have the 125th logo:

godwulf
02-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks to Mike ('OaklandAsFan'), I was able to get in an hour early and actually score something at the yard sale.

Josh Collmenter 2011 LS with a slight handle crack from getting a hit off of Sean Slocum in the 5th inning of Game 3 of the NLDS

Gerardo Parra 2009 LS, Doug Davis 2009 LS, and Luke Carlin 2009 B45

Doug Davis 2009 ST game-worn cap

Jeff Motuzas game-worn Los DBacks jersey

7 signed balls of former DBacks that I needed, one for ten bucks and the rest for 5 each

4 signed photos (Juan Gutierrez, Billy Butler, Kelly Johnson and Clay Zavada), 2 bucks each

DBacks/Marlins lineup card from 8/12/06

+ misc prints and posters

Glad I decided to forgo the whole autograph line business this year. It's gotten to be so restrictive that it really isn't worth it to me, anymore...plus I'm just getting too damned old and feeble to stand in lines for (counting the time in line just waiting to buy the autograph tickets) nine straight hours.

Had a great time raiding the yard sale and hanging out with Mike. A good day and very pleased with my small haul.

treant985
02-11-2012, 09:35 PM
If you post pics of the Jackson bat, I might be able to tell if Allen used it. I don't think they overlapped with the DBacks did they? As far as I can tell, the only time Allen used a LVS in 2010 for the DBacks (in a game, that is) was on Sept 10 and Sept 11. It was an unknown teammate's blonde M9, but didn't have the 125th logo:

Of course, as I forgot, the 125th logo was 2009, so the bat was prob used then. I didn't really keep good track of what Allen used that year.

Dewey2007
02-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Did anyone see any Dontrelle Willis items for sale at the fanfest? I've only seen two of his game used bats so just wondering if any other items might be circulating. Thanks!

geoff
02-12-2012, 03:50 AM
OaklandASfan can you please email me.I have a questioon about the Mark Reynolds gu hat you just got.Or leave your email adress and I can contact you.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

dcrules01
02-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Was there any Joel Youngblood items from his stint as 3rd base coach in 2010??

OaklandAsFan
02-12-2012, 09:36 AM
didn't see and Dtrain or Youngblood items though Godwulf and I missed the locker plates searching through bats so there may have been something there but no clue

godwulf
02-12-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm always on the lookout for items from guys who were only on the team for a short time, like Willis, Tom Gordon, Mike Hampton. For obvious reason, those are usually tougher finds than somebody who's been around for years and years. Mel Stottlemyre Senior was a special coach for the DBacks for a short while, a few years ago, and of course I daydream frequently about finding that jersey. I've only ever seen the one Willis bat, a Tom Gordon ST cap, and a Hampton Los DBacks jersey that they wanted a small fortune for in the Team Shop...and nothing from any of those guys at Fan Fest.

treant985
02-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Of course, as I forgot, the 125th logo was 2009, so the bat was prob used then. I didn't really keep good track of what Allen used that year.

And Allen wore #25 in 2009 for the DBacks, so I think that shows it probably wasn't an Allen-used bat. Josh Whitesell wore #29 in 2009.

OaklandAsFan
02-12-2012, 01:42 PM
yeah I was screwing around on baseball almanac last night and saw that, Given the fact that there was some OLD equipment there (its amazing how much crap shows up year after year, you would think they would get rid of all of this during one yard sale) It's most likely going to be Whitesell.

MLB~NUT
02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Today was the Dbacks fanfest.

As a season ticket holder I could get in about an hour before the general public which is good because the community yard sale was pretty much sold out of the good stuff in about 20 min.

Somehow somebody managed to sneak in and get some stuff before the doors even opened which is BS, I can understand sneaking in but the yard sale shouldn't have been open until the gates opened.

With that being said I still managed to score a number of cool items.
Doug Davis GU hat
Mark Reynolds GU autographed hat
Conor Jackson GU autographed hat
lineup card from July 1st 2011 game vs Oakland in Oakland
GU Eric Byrnes Sam bat
an issued Easton Bat with "Angels Baseball" on the barrel that was signed by Kendry Morales, no clue how it got in there but for $10 what the hell
Garardo Parra LS M9 with authentication to a groundout in the bottom of the 4th on June 24th 2009 game vs the Rangers
Stephen Drew Marucci GU authenticated to July 19th 2008 game vs the Dodgers
Conor Jackson GU LS 125th Anniversary bat but his 34 was crossed out and 29 with written on the knob so possibly Brandon Allen GU.
Micah Owings GU LS M9 with is authenticated to game 4 of the 2011 NLDS
Stephen Drew GU Marucci authenticated to June 10 2009 flyball off Barry Zito
Miguel Montero GU Marucci
Chris Young GU Marucci
Dan Haren GU Rawlings
also got a few 8X10 autographed Brandon Allen pictures.

TONS of people there and the yard sale was a mad house but had some pretty good deals overall

email me todd Vernon

toddman26@sbcglobal.net

I want that Drew game bat