PDA

View Full Version : Someone is Paying $7,500 for Tebow's Jersey?

frikativ54
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
I was surprised to see this Tim Tebow jersey (http://www.josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=9310) listed at $7,500 and am even more shocked that a sale is pending. :eek: I'm not an expert on football jersey pricing, so I'm wondering what fair market value is for a Tebow gamer.

-Frik

maverick14
02-14-2012, 02:40 PM
I was surprised to see this Tim Tebow jersey (http://www.josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=9310) listed at $7,500 and am even more shocked that a sale is pending. :eek: I'm not an expert on football jersey pricing, so I'm wondering what fair market value is for a Tebow gamer.

-Frik

If I recall correctly didn't the Tebow gamer in Hunt's auction go for 13k and another one in AmericanMemorabilia for 10k. Sellers are taking the hype surrounded by him right now straight to the bank. Considering recent sales 7500 might be a steal right now apparently :rolleyes:

nickacs
02-14-2012, 04:03 PM

Wasn't sure if your implying it's a steal at that price from JO or way overpriced?

It's interesting that so many of his 2011 game worn jerseys have been out there. Rare to me to see about half the season's NFL jerseys of a player made available?!

Including JO, here's the others I've seen out there currently:
Ebay - White jersey - 10/10/10 vs. Ravens - $20k
Ebay - White jersey - 11/27/11 vs. Chargers - $12.5k
Hunt - Blue jersey - 10/23/11 vs. Dolphins - $13k
CSI - Blue jersey - 12/11/11 vs. Bears - Email for price, but I know it's at least $15k (made cover of SI)

Seems like the Orange/alternate JO is a "steal" if you ask me. I have no interest in his stuff, but to someone, that JO one was picked up for a good price!

10thMan
02-14-2012, 10:17 PM
It`s worth whatever someones willing to pay for it! If your the "hold it for me `til I can find a photomatch" type, that ends up flaking out...Then it`s CLEARLY not in your Price range, lol.

Sean

frikativ54
02-14-2012, 11:48 PM
It`s worth whatever someones willing to pay for it! If your the "hold it for me `til I can find a photomatch" type, that ends up flaking out...Then it`s CLEARLY not in your Price range, lol.

I've found that the, "It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay" line feeds right into dealers who are looking to make a quick buck.

What's this have to do with collectors who try to photomatch stuff? This is a one game worn jersey, so I'm sure that photomatching is not an issue.

Nobody brought up price range, so I'm having trouble understanding what your point is. I'm not looking to buy this jersey; I don't like Tebow in the first place.

cohibasmoker
02-16-2012, 12:11 PM
The way I see it, a person has the right to spend their money on whatever they want to spend it on. With that said, it may or may not be a better value than the Sanchez Jets rookie jersey that sold a few Months ago for twice the price as the Tebow.

Just an opinion, hope I didn't offend anyone.

Jim

jhunt28
02-16-2012, 02:56 PM
The way I see it, a person has the right to spend their money on whatever they want to spend it on. With that said, it may or may not be a better value than the Sanchez Jets rookie jersey that sold a few Months ago for twice the price as the Tebow.

Just an opinion, hope I didn't offend anyone.

Jim

Out of curiosity, where and what price did the Sanchez jersey sell for ??

cohibasmoker
02-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Out of curiosity, where and what price did the Sanchez jersey sell for ??

I believe it was JO sports for 20K

jhunt28
02-16-2012, 09:31 PM
I believe it was JO sports for 20K

Ohhh...I thought you meant that it was recently re-sold in an auction...time flies! That jersey was actually sold in 2009, but probably feels like just yesterday...

cohibasmoker
02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Ohhh...I thought you meant that it was recently re-sold in an auction...time flies! That jersey was actually sold in 2009, but probably feels like just yesterday...

Oops - times fun when you're having a good fly.