PDA

View Full Version : Cooper bat question

ccmunner
02-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I have a Cecil Fielder Cooper bat that shows all of the characteristics of one of his game used bats (35in, major league grain, good tar, ball marks, cleat marks, #45 written on the end). The thing that's missing is the engraved weight on the knob. Does anybody know if some 90's Cooper bats didn't come with those markings? Thanks.

emann
02-16-2012, 03:26 PM
I have a Cecil Fielder Cooper bat that shows all of the characteristics of one of his game used bats (35in, major league grain, good tar, ball marks, cleat marks, #45 written on the end). The thing that's missing is the engraved weight on the knob. Does anybody know if some 90's Cooper bats didn't come with those markings? Thanks.

You might have just mistyped this, but Coopers are not engraved on the knob (Rawlings, Worth and a couple others from that era engraved the knob). It's just a stamp and sometimes very light. Could it be possible this was sanded off or just faded on your bat?

ccmunner
02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
You're right. I meant stamped. It doesn't look like anything has faded. The only thing I can see are two very small black marks that just maybe was a poor attempt at stamping but they definately aren't numbers or even close. Would they have made pro grade 35'' store models back then or could it for one reason or another not got stamped?