Clear All
  • Jeffredsfan
    • Sep 2008

No pistol for the Colt .45's

Thoughts??
  • NEFAN
    • Jul 2008

Re: No pistol for the Colt .45's

Just another "Liberty" being taken away right from under our noses. This time in the name of Political Correctness. Total BS!

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
      • Nov 2005

Thanks for the link. A great comment on that blog: take away the devil ray logo, also cause one killed Steve Irwin.
      Guns don't kill people. People don't kill people. Bullets kill people.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by NEFAN
        Just another "Liberty" being taken away right from under our noses. This time in the name of Political Correctness. Total BS!
        If someone in your family got shot and killed, you might think different.

None of your "liberties" are being taken away or infringed. It's just a baseball logo on a baseball jersey.

Comment

• otismalibu
          • Nov 2005

Guns don't kill people. People don't kill people. Bullets kill people.
          They're not the Bullets anymore - they're the Wizards.
          Greg
          DrJStuff.com

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by otismalibu
            They're not the Bullets anymore - they're the Wizards.
            Sure. Like a Warlock you practices voodoo and witch craft? I feel safe now.

Comment

• cjclong
              • Feb 2006

Saying guns don't kill people, bullets kill people is silly. I've never heard of a person being killed by a bullet thrown at them. Some people use guns to shoot bullets to kill people. We need responsible gun ownership and I say this as person who owns guns and has a concealed handgun permit. Now, why don't we get off politics and back to sports issues. I'm tired of people putting politics into this forum.

Comment

• Jeffredsfan
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by cjclong
                Saying guns don't kill people, bullets kill people is silly. I've never heard of a person being killed by a bullet thrown at them. Some people use guns to shoot bullets to kill people. We need responsible gun ownership and I say this as person who owns guns and has a concealed handgun permit. Now, why don't we get off politics and back to sports issues. I'm tired of people putting politics into this forum.

That was the reason why I posted the link - for the aspect of discussing a throwback jersey that can't be portrayed as it was originally issued.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2005

Yes - removing the pistol from the logo does make me feel safer.

I had heard Months ago they were going to have a pistol on their throwbacks and I was really worried that kids and adults would think the Astros were glorifying guns and everyone would run out and buy a gun so they can be just like the Astros. - that's a big weight off of my back.

Good for the Astros, the USA will be a safer place now that a pistol logo was removed from their throwback uniforms.

Just an opinion.

Comment

• frikativ54
                    • Dec 2007

Ridiculous. History is about acknowledging the past, and the Astros should have been allowed to wear uniforms that were just like the ones they donned years ago. I have seen pics of Jeff Bagwell wearing a Colt .45s throwback, and I'm sure his wearing it didn't encourage kids to shoot each other. Certainly enough, it didn't encourage me to kill anybody.
                    Les Zukor
                    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• NEFAN
                      • Jul 2008

Oh, I forgot. Guns don't kill people, bullets either, it's logo's on a jersey. We don't lose anything. What was I thinking.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cjclong
                        Saying guns don't kill people, bullets kill people is silly.
                        It's a Chris Rock joke.

Comment

• Skizzick
                          • Mar 2011

This is a great day for America, people. How else are we going to keep our children from knowing that guns are real things?

But are we all ignoring the fact that the Braves jersey still features a Tomahawk, a very deadly yet oh so cool weapon?

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Skizzick
                            This is a great day for America, people. How else are we going to keep our children from knowing that guns are real things?

But are we all ignoring the fact that the Braves jersey still features a Tomahawk, a very deadly yet oh so cool weapon?
                            Excellent point. We can't have that type of symbolism in America - next thing you know kids in the Atlanta area will be going out, buying Tomahawks and chopping peoples heads off. Major league baseball and the "politically correct police" will target the Braves next - oops, can I say "target"?

Just an opinion.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cohibasmoker
                              Excellent point. We can't have that type of symbolism in America - next thing you know kids in the Atlanta area will be going out, buying Tomahawks and chopping peoples heads off. Major league baseball and the "politically correct police" will target the Braves next - oops, can I say "target"?
                              Major League Baseball is a private business and can make their own rules to insure they make the most money. The "politically correct police" don't have much power over pro sports, obviously. Just ask Chief Wahoo or the Washington Redskins.

Comment

Working...