PDA

View Full Version : Feb. pick up project

onlyalbert
02-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Here is my post Christmas project. We have a partially finished basement. The storage area has shelving and studs. I got permission from my wife to do some clean up/organinzing in the unfinished part to make room for a ...............batting cage. Picked up everything on e-bay and the internet for less than $400. 4 doz minor league game used balls, Rawlings batting tee, 3 pairs of batting gloves, Cool Flo Cardinals batting helmet, 5 pro stock bats, and a 10 X 25 net. Going to hang the netting from the ceiling joists and set up a hitting area. I will also be able to throw into it from about 30 ft to keep the arm loose in the winter. Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner! Doesn't really take up much space either. I'll post pics of the finished project soon.

metsbats
02-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Wow you must have a large basement.

I have to take BP in my backyard and if I want to use my quik swing I head to a local park.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

onlyalbert
02-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Wow you must have a large basement.

I have to take BP in my backyard and if I want to use my quik swing I head to a local park.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Actually, the area used won't be that big. The netted area will be like 8 X 10 X 8 three sided and will hit into that. Anyone could probably do it will little space used. Will post pics soon.

CampWest
02-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Before fantasy camp, I set up a net in the garage... I loved it - fun way to get some exercise, I wish I had a good spot for a permanent location, but my basement ceilings are a little too low... and the wife has other "decoration" styles in mind.