PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authentication question

yankees24
02-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I've photo matched a baseball bat to a couple of games but the MLB Authentication hologram lists it as team issued. Has anyone submitted photo or video matches to them before for an item and had the description on the database reviewed and revised?

jbsportstuff
02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
I have a few 2011 Reds "team issued" jerseys that I've photomatched, but the authenticators won't change their description because they "Physically didn't see the jersey/uniform come off the player." I understand their point, but if you can photo match the jersey/bat I wish that they would.

One of the jerseys is Devin Mesoraco's MLB debut where he got a double on the first pitch. In the MLB data base it will always say "team issued."

jppopma
02-22-2012, 04:53 PM
The photo match should stand on it's own. Most everyone knows and accepts that MLB authentication will tittle things as issued unless they see it used and get it directly in their presence.

Sometimes I think the hobby if getting a little too much of a CSI effect. Having a photo match, plus correct LOA, plus the players fingerprints in the pine tar, plus the game used balls to match up with the marks, plus DNA, plus plus plus....