PDA

View Full Version : Steiners Improper Labeling of items

eric16841
02-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I have now received two items with steiner certs that are labeled with issued on them, and its very obvious they are not issued as they are covered in dirt and pine tar. Does this effect the value ? can you ask steiner and have it changed? its a jersey and a helmet just so you know. Also one is from 2010 and one 2011

rdeversole
02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
It does have an impact on value unless it shows obvious use or can be photomatched. They are probably just following authentication guidelines.

eric16841
02-22-2012, 01:59 PM
i have one photomatched to the entire year of use, and other has big huge dirt stains looks like from sliding but no photomatch yet

Jules9
02-22-2012, 03:24 PM
The certificate isn't what makes the item real. Just ask Lou Lampson and certain items from a football dealer.

Good luck with photo matching the other item.

jppopma
02-22-2012, 04:47 PM
I think a solid photo match would trump what any LOA says. I know it's nice to have everything lined up, but I would expect that Steiner has just moved to a cya approach in writing their LOA's.

If you bought it from them as game used and it came with a LOA stating issued, then you should contact them to get it corrected.

Just think, better than the guy who got the issued bat with a LOA that syas game used...

larry bourget
02-22-2012, 11:21 PM
I think a solid photo match would trump what any LOA says. I know it's nice to have everything lined up, but I would expect that Steiner has just moved to a cya approach in writing their LOA's.

If you bought it from them as game used and it came with a LOA stating issued, then you should contact them to get it corrected.

Just think, better than the guy who got the issued bat with a LOA that syas game used...

They won't correct anything, i have photomatched Yankees jerseys that state issued, i have 2001 jerseys that they Authenticated as a World Series jersey but have no sign / never had a World Series patch, and jerseys they completely goofed on the year. All they know is the S in $teiner.

LB

David
02-23-2012, 03:23 AM
Game used items are issued, it's just that not all issued items are game used.

salmon
02-23-2012, 07:10 AM

This was posted in another thread, here is a baseball MLB Authenticated as game ready with a Steiner game used hologram :rolleyes:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/5n19e.jpg

BULBUS
02-23-2012, 08:42 AM
They won't correct anything, i have photomatched Yankees jerseys that state issued, i have 2001 jerseys that they Authenticated as a World Series jersey but have no sign / never had a World Series patch, and jerseys they completely goofed on the year. All they know is the S in $teiner.

LB

I once sold a jersey that wasn't specified to any player and the person who bought it was able to get the letter changed to a semi-star player.

I have a 2008 Melky Cabrera "game issued" jersey that shows use and is photo matched.