PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Pleads Guilty

Ripken
02-24-2012, 02:39 PM
From the arrest at the National last year (http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/vintage-authentics-owner-pleads-guilty-to-selling-fake-jerseys/)

nickacs
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Woo hoo! Another one down :p

sox83cubs84
02-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Applause, applause!!:D :D :D

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
02-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Now, if A-Rod won't sign your item because he deems it to be inauthentic, then you know you have a fake on your hands. :p

marino13
03-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Now, if A-Rod won't sign your item because he deems it to be inauthentic, then you know you have a fake on your hands. :p

Alex will SIGNED anything and everything that is PAID for!

With one exception - if the Handler aka his promotion company or his KLF representatives, say that he SHOULDNT sign a particular item for a customer, Alex will NOT sign it!

I have seen in the past - Alex was about to sign a baseball in the sweetspot, his handler stop him in the middle of the motion - the baseball ends with with a pen marked scratch in the sweetspot and a signature on the side panel!

Another time, Alex was about to sign a SEND-IN game used bat, again, the handler picked up the bat and told him not to sign it! Alex did sign other bats - all are Model bat and Non-game used!

Baseball83
03-02-2012, 09:29 AM
This is a very unfortunate blemish on a hobby that doesn't need one. The unscrupulous continue to try and separate you with your hard earned money in any way they see fit. The levarage we have as collectors is to not settle for "might be" or "could be". If something is sold as game used then prove it first! Let's bring the fun back to the hobby and when we buy or sell something ensure it is as described. Settling for anything less will continue to tarnish the future of this hobby.

Blitzmaster
03-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Ok, so here is my "stupid question"....why are so many NFL teams, with the strict rules policies maintained by the NFL, still dealing with J.O. sports? The owner has plead guilty and the NFL still allows them to represent their game used equipment.

otismalibu
03-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Ok, so here is my "stupid question"....why are so many NFL teams, with the strict rules policies maintained by the NFL, still dealing with J.O. sports?

Kwai Chang - Master, is it true that the Namath jersey in the 8D auction was consigned by JO Sports?

Master Po - You must seek your own answers, Grasshopper.

Kwai Chang - What about the GUU Autograph forum? Why is the Admin's company on eBay's banned COA list?

Master Po - COAs are worthless - unless written on rice paper.

http://www.trendyink.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kung-fu_tv-master_po-young_grasshopper.jpg

aeneas01
03-03-2012, 01:48 PM
doesn't seem that too many of the guys that are caught actually do any time - i believe the far majority are simply placed on probation and/or fined. if that's truly the case i'm not sure the penalty is much of a discouragement when weighed against the thousands that can be made bilking collectors. throw them in the tank for a year or two, that will get their attention.

Dewey2007
03-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Just a guess but maybe the teams have to honor the contracts they signed with JO before possibly ending any relationship with the company.

Ok, so here is my "stupid question"....why are so many NFL teams, with the strict rules policies maintained by the NFL, still dealing with J.O. sports? The owner has plead guilty and the NFL still allows them to represent their game used equipment.

nycpropain
03-04-2012, 09:35 AM
JO's sentencing is coming up ion a few months, I would assume any action will be taken then by the NFL teams. They would be crazy not to, I mean the guy was caught red handed forging game used jerseys. That would be like steiner faking signatures.

nickacs
03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
LMAO... I don't get then WHY VA/Steve Jensen is still able to run their auction site/company???

Just got an email this week that their next auction is 4/23/12 and, sure enough, their website has been re-vamped and everything is on schedule?? WTF??

Fnazxc0114
03-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I guess this means we wont be able to buy any of JO's jerseys on GUU in the future.

EndzoneSports
04-07-2012, 06:59 AM

JO Sports' marketing deals are made with the individual member teams, not with the league; as such, the decision to continue or (attempt to) sever these marketing relationships are up to each individual team with which JO Sports has contracted. That said, news reports indicate that at least two of the teams with which JO Sports contracted were moving to sever ties with the company.

One potentially limiting factor, however, is that, depending upon the specific language of the contract(s), there may not be an "out" which allows for the unilateral severance of the contract during its contractual term. If such were the case, the teams may not have much of a choice but to fulfill their contract through its full term as long as JO Sports meets their obligations as to the specified terms as agreed upon.

We know of at least one team with which JO Sport had contracted in the past who was "shopping" for alternative marketing partners for their game-worn gear, but was doing so because (conveniently) their contract was expiring between last season (2011) and the next (2012).

One other team (Chicago Bears) has also indicated that it would continue its relationship with JO Sports as the period of illegal activity pre-dated the time during which they'd contracted. Time will tell, however, if the Bears and other teams choose to renew their contracts with JO Sports at the end of their current contractual terms.