PDA

View Full Version : Another John Franco jersey on ebay in an odd size?

TNTtoys
10-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Guys,

Check this one out please... it's for a game issued John Franco jersey from the 2000 season, "set 1"... but it's a size 44... I thought he wore a 46-48? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Nick

dcrules01
10-01-2006, 11:01 PM
From the thread I posted asking if mine could be a gamer I got a 46...A 44 I would have thought he would gain weight not lose it...

dcrules01
10-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Maybe a game issued that was customized into a Franco???

bigtime59
10-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Everything you need to know about this jersey is contained in the seller's eBay ID...now, run screaming in the opposite direction. This jersey--like most of this seller's jerseys--is Pam Anderson fake.

suave1477
10-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Bigtime whats fake about it????? You know its agaist forum policy to accuse something of being fake with out giving the proper information to back up your statement.

cbb5
10-02-2006, 09:27 AM
The biggest thing (aside from the size) is the fact that the size tag is cut (twice if you look close). The word is that (from the Mets I believe) this meant they were extras. Apparently, you'd have to search the forum, this seller as much as admitted that he received a large number of Mets extras from 2000 and had them customized. Ones that come to mind are Hampton and Henderson. Now this one. Good luck with this jersey!
Chris

cbb5
10-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Here is the past discussion thread:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=108&highlight=henderson+mets

TNTtoys
10-02-2006, 10:56 AM
So... this sounds like a Mets club house extra that was turned into a John Franco. Plausible, given that the appearance & tagging is as expected, there is no wear, and the jersey but the size is different. The info that the seller had received a lot of extras is useful too. Thanks for the help...

trsent
10-02-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't even know what auction is being discussed since there has not been a link to it posted in this thread.

I can tell you that people seem to think they know the definition of "Game Issued" and the truth is there is not definition of "Game Issued", just what you want to believe it is.

Don't justify me with what you think "Game Issued" means, because there is no bible or eBay thesaurus that gives the almighty definition so the term will be used and abused until a change is made.

TNTtoys
10-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I don't even know what auction is being discussed since there has not been a link to it posted in this thread.

My fault, I thought I put it in my original post...

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-FRANCO-METS-GAME-TEAM-ISSUED-METS-HOME-JERSEY-2000_W0QQitemZ330035160702QQihZ014QQcategoryZ60597 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bigtime59
10-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Bigtime whats fake about it????? You know its agaist forum policy to accuse something of being fake with out giving the proper information to back up your statement.

Suave:
I know it's fake because a):
damn near all of his jerseys are fake, and b):
I know who does his work. There's a "tell" here that I don't want out in public, because once he finds out about it, he'll get it fixed, if he can.
The company doing the work for him also does a lot of work for me--which, stupidly, I don't misrepresent as game used (cost's me a lot of money!)--and didn't believe me about the tell until very recently. That's all I can say for now, except I'm glad I'm not in school anymore. I'd hate to have to diagram THAT sentence!:D
-Mark

bigtime59
10-02-2006, 02:21 PM

I can tell you that people seem to think they know the definition of "Game Issued" and the truth is there is not definition of "Game Issued", just what you want to believe it is.

Don't justify me with what you think "Game Issued" means, because there is no bible or eBay thesaurus that gives the almighty definition so the term will be used and abused until a change is made.

Joel:
Here's two definitions for ya:

If the TEAM had it made up for a player, either lettered by the mfr, or their designated sewer/letterer, then it's "game issued."
If our boy the faking faker from Fla bought a bunch of pro-cut, year-tagged blank jerseys, then had them customized, and attempts to sell them as "game issued," then the jerseys are
FAKE
and the seller is a
LYING LIAR

Any questions?

Mark Sutton
bigtime39@aol.com

trsent
10-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Joel:
Here's two definitions for ya:

If the TEAM had it made up for a player, either lettered by the mfr, or their designated sewer/letterer, then it's "game issued."
If our boy the faking faker from Fla bought a bunch of pro-cut, year-tagged blank jerseys, then had them customized, and attempts to sell them as "game issued," then the jerseys are
FAKE
and the seller is a
LYING LIAR

Any questions?

Mark Sutton
bigtime39@aol.com

First off, I don't doubt your accusations, but a game issued jersey can technically be a pro-cut that the guy bought the lettering and had them professionally placed on the item. Where does it say that game issued has to have come right from the team? That is what we want it to be, but no where does the rules state that it must be that way.

Game issued I always felt means game style. If you believe it means something different, that is your definition, but no where does eBay or the law say that if you advertise an item as game issued it has to come from the team. It generally is believed that the item has to be a game ready jersey. You see Pro-Cut NBA jerseys being sold as game issued all the time as they are the same style the player wears in games, but I doubt they came from any locker room.

That is too many people's dream. I would expect anyone who sells an item that is game issued that came from the team would advertise it that way, but I do not believe anyone does.

bigtime59
10-03-2006, 07:50 AM
First off, I don't doubt your accusations, but a game issued jersey can technically be a pro-cut that the guy bought the lettering and had them professionally placed on the item. Where does it say that game issued has to have come right from the team? That is what we want it to be, but no where does the rules state that it must be that way.

Game issued I always felt means game style. If you believe it means something different, that is your definition, but no where does eBay or the law say that if you advertise an item as game issued it has to come from the team. It generally is believed that the item has to be a game ready jersey. You see Pro-Cut NBA jerseys being sold as game issued all the time as they are the same style the player wears in games, but I doubt they came from any locker room.

That is too many people's dream. I would expect anyone who sells an item that is game issued that came from the team would advertise it that way, but I do not believe anyone does.

Joel:
You're as wrong on this as Shrub was on WMD in Iraq. Now, of course, at this point we all realize he was just trying to prove he is smarter than his daddy. What, exactly, is your agenda in making such utterly wrong statements as the one highlighted above?
Things got bad when Russell and Rawlings got booted by MLB, causing a flood of pro-cut blanks to reach the hands of certain unscrupulous sellers. There's a Katrina-size s**t storm heading our way in 2007 if and when all the teams switch to cool base jerseys, and dump all their leftover inventory of conventional jerseys. Statements like the one highlighted above merely provide cover for the jerseyterrorists like the faking faker in Fla.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

suave1477
10-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Bigtime I agree with you 100%

Game Issued is Game Issued there is no other definition you cant make something what its not. GAME ISSUED MEANS JUST THAT, THE JERSEY WAS ISSUED FOR GAME PLAY!!!
Heres an example on trying to make something its not - When I was younger I played a lot of handball and we had a saying for when a ball when out of bounds - "You cant make a bad ball, good"
Game Issued is not Game Style if it was then it would be called Game Style and not Game Issued.
Yes you do have sellers trying to sell Game Style as Game Issued and that is why YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!

trsent
10-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Joel:
You're as wrong on this as Shrub was on WMD in Iraq. Now, of course, at this point we all realize he was just trying to prove he is smarter than his daddy. What, exactly, is your agenda in making such utterly wrong statements as the one highlighted above?
Things got bad when Russell and Rawlings got booted by MLB, causing a flood of pro-cut blanks to reach the hands of certain unscrupulous sellers. There's a Katrina-size s**t storm heading our way in 2007 if and when all the teams switch to cool base jerseys, and dump all their leftover inventory of conventional jerseys. Statements like the one highlighted above merely provide cover for the jerseyterrorists like the faking faker in Fla.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

Mark, I would recommend when you post to use statements that make sense to everyone, instead of glorifying people and natural disasters that took lives of innocent people in the past. It doesn't do your argument good to use war and national disasters to make your point about pro-cut, team issued jerseys.

I do not know who this "faking faker" is, but your statement that the jersey had to be made for the team, who determined that?

I am not covering for the seller, I just don't know where that "Game Issued" means that it had to come from the team. I always thought "Game Issued" and "Pro-Cut" meant the same as "Game Ready" which basically means the same style the player wears.

NBA pro-cut jerseys have been available for years that are sold as Game Issued and they never hit the locker room.

By the way, the previous comments by Jason make no sense to this discussion. I find it funny that someone who posted misleading information about New York Yankee tagging is now telling people to do their homework.

If a seller is selling a "Team Issued" item and they do not state that the item was in the locker room or equipment room, we all know it never was. How? Because you'd ask for more bids and money if you stated the item came right from the team so you would mention it in your description.

suave1477
10-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Trent I never posted anything misleading about Yankees tagging and I do find it funny that you think Game Issued and Pro Cut are the same.

Totally different words, yet you think they are the same

Here are some helpful definitions:

Game Issued - Jersey actually manufactured specifically for Game Play.

Pro Cut - A Jersey customized to a players normal wearing habits.

Here is an example if I buy a Pedro Martinez Jersey from a Sporting Goods store and I know Pedro likes his Sleeves cut So I cut the sleeves on My Jersey can I now call this Pro Cut sure why not I cut it just like Pedro would have wanted it. Can I call it Game Issued NOOOOO it wasn't made at all for Pedro.

Eric
10-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Joel and Jason

The two of you are no longer allowed to refer to each other, post about each other, respond to each other or talk to each other on the forum.

Nothing good comes from it and it only annoys everyone

Eric

trsent
10-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Trent I never posted anything misleading about Yankees tagging and I do find it funny that you think Game Issued and Pro Cut are the same.

Totally different words, yet you think they are the same

Here are some helpful definitions:

Game Issued - Jersey actually manufactured specifically for Game Play.

Pro Cut - A Jersey customized to a players normal wearing habits.

Here is an example if I buy a Pedro Martinez Jersey from a Sporting Goods store and I know Pedro likes his Sleeves cut So I cut the sleeves on My Jersey can I now call this Pro Cut sure why not I cut it just like Pedro would have wanted it. Can I call it Game Issued NOOOOO it wasn't made at all for Pedro.

Look at it this way, your definitions are nice, but in a court of law they would never hold up. Why? Because there is no legal background to have those terms hold up.

If someone cuts the sleeves on their Pedro jersey, then it can be sold as "Game Issued", "Game Ready" or "Game Style" because that is what it has become. I do not buy or sell these myself, except for Yankees jersey that are generally not available unless they are "Game Issued" as generally, modern "Game Used" Yankees jersey do not exist unless bought from Steiner.

trsent
10-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Joel and Jason

The two of you are no longer allowed to refer to each other, post about each other, respond to each other or talk to each other on the forum.

Nothing good comes from it and it only annoys everyone

Eric

Wow, so when he posts in a thread I cannot comment and vice versa?

We sent our last posts at the same time, and I really do not see any harm in our current debate.

trsent
10-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Here are some sample auctions on eBay for items being sold in the title as both "Pro Cut" and "Game Issued":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLEN-IVERSON-GAME-ISSUED-PRO-CUT-2001-02-76ERS-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ180027817654QQihZ008QQcategoryZ501 35QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEJA-STOJAKOVIC-GAME-ISSUED-KINGS-PRO-CUT-USA_W0QQitemZ220028029248QQihZ012QQcategoryZ50135Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/BARRY-BONDS-2001-ALL-STAR-GAME-ISSUED-PRO-CUT-JERSEY-48_W0QQitemZ120034063725QQihZ002QQcategoryZ24909QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Worn-Redskins-HODGE-Jersey-Pro-Cut-and-Team-Issued_W0QQitemZ330029564742QQihZ014QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1998-Paul-Oneill-Game-Issued-Pro-Cut-Yankees-Jersey-54_W0QQitemZ270035772689QQihZ017QQcategoryZ24904QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It seems to me that other people find these two terms to mean the same thing.

Eric
10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Doesn't matter. You guys have abused the board and everyone's patience enough with your back and forth arguing.
The two of you children have been given a permanent time out from each other.
Eric

trsent
10-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Doesn't matter. You guys have abused the board and everyone's patience enough with your back and forth arguing.
The two of you children have been given a permanent time out from each other.
Eric

Eric, I am sorry my input on this forum is not appreciated.

Too many people on this forum want to be witch hunters with no one to speak up for the other side.

Have fun with your forum where people abuse the unknowing, because until you apologize for this unnecessary post I will no longer contribute to this forum. My bookmarks will be removed right now and everyone can celebrate as they chase honest people (yes, many dishonest also) who make mistakes without ever a response of reason.

If I was looking for a "time out" I would attend pre-school. I do not appreciate your wording, as I take it as a personal insult. Too bad I am the only one on this forum (Reid is a close second) to stand up for the continual idiocy that comes from some of the posts that may lead an honest person in the wrong direction.

I'll be awaiting your private email or instant message.

Eric
10-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Joel, Jason and everyone,

I'll remind you again of the forum rule which states

No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

Too many threads have turned into personal issues between members. The purpose of every post in every thread should be to share information and better the hobby.

There is no room for the other stuff.

Joel, if you took what I said as offensive, that was not my intention. It was my intention to point out that you and Jason were continuing to act like children with your fighting. How many times have I told the two of you to just not talk to each other?

Attacks keep people from reading the forum, and I know for a fact will keep others from posting on the forum. It has to stop.

Don't get me wrong, a difference of opinion is a great thing, it's when it becomes personal that becomes tiresome.

I am happy to talk more about this here or at ecky3@aol.com (ecky3@aol.com)
Eric

ChrisCavalier
10-03-2006, 02:32 PM
No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

Too many threads have turned into personal issues between members. The purpose of every post in every thread should be to share information and better the hobby.
Hello Everyone,

I feel compelled to add one thing here. I know many of the things that go on in the hobby are frustrating and that the forum serves as an important venue for members to express their feelings. We also know that some of these issues can cause people to become emotional.

While this is understandable, we must reiterate that if you are going to participate on this forum we ask that you do so in a way that is conducive to a positive environment. As per the forum rule listed above, there is simply no way we are going to allow posts that create a negative environment and potentially prevent other members from participating because they are afraid they might get attacked as well. This site is providing tremendous value to the hobby and we will do whatever it takes to make sure a positive environment is maintained.

I just thought it would help to let everyone who considers posting on this site know where we are coming from.

If you have any questions, Eric and I are always available via email.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe
chris_cavalier@gameuseduniverse.com

Swoboda4
10-04-2006, 12:17 AM
In November of 2005 I emailed this seller about the Henderson Mets pinstriped 2000 jersey. He told me that they are not game used or worn. He has OVER 20 Mets pinstriped 2000 jerseys. He has been trying to unload these jerseys for a while(mostly off ebay). This is no secret and HE TOLD ME THEY'RE NOT GAME USED OR WORN. See Henderson thread from last November. If we can't remember this past confirmed warning(as per forum rules-contact the seller) God help everyone else.