Another John Franco jersey on ebay in an odd size?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNTtoys
    • Aug 2006

Another John Franco jersey on ebay in an odd size?

Guys,

Check this one out please... it's for a game issued John Franco jersey from the 2000 season, "set 1"... but it's a size 44... I thought he wore a 46-48? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
  • dcrules01
    • Nov 2005

Re: Another John Franco jersey on ebay in an odd size?

From the thread I posted asking if mine could be a gamer I got a 46...A 44 I would have thought he would gain weight not lose it...
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• dcrules01
      • Nov 2005

Maybe a game issued that was customized into a Franco???
      Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• bigtime59
        • Nov 2005

Everything you need to know about this jersey is contained in the seller's eBay ID...now, run screaming in the opposite direction. This jersey--like most of this seller's jerseys--is Pam Anderson fake.
        Mark
        msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• suave1477
          Banned
          • Jan 2006

Bigtime whats fake about it????? You know its agaist forum policy to accuse something of being fake with out giving the proper information to back up your statement.

Comment

• cbb5
            • Nov 2005

The biggest thing (aside from the size) is the fact that the size tag is cut (twice if you look close). The word is that (from the Mets I believe) this meant they were extras. Apparently, you'd have to search the forum, this seller as much as admitted that he received a large number of Mets extras from 2000 and had them customized. Ones that come to mind are Hampton and Henderson. Now this one. Good luck with this jersey!
            Chris

Comment

• cbb5
              • Nov 2005

Here is the past discussion thread:

Comment

• TNTtoys
                • Aug 2006

So... this sounds like a Mets club house extra that was turned into a John Franco. Plausible, given that the appearance & tagging is as expected, there is no wear, and the jersey but the size is different. The info that the seller had received a lot of extras is useful too. Thanks for the help...
                Looking for ...

Comment

• trsent
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

I don't even know what auction is being discussed since there has not been a link to it posted in this thread.

I can tell you that people seem to think they know the definition of "Game Issued" and the truth is there is not definition of "Game Issued", just what you want to believe it is.

Don't justify me with what you think "Game Issued" means, because there is no bible or eBay thesaurus that gives the almighty definition so the term will be used and abused until a change is made.

Comment

• TNTtoys
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by trsent
                    I don't even know what auction is being discussed since there has not been a link to it posted in this thread.
                    My fault, I thought I put it in my original post...

Looking for ...

Comment

• bigtime59
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
                      Bigtime whats fake about it????? You know its agaist forum policy to accuse something of being fake with out giving the proper information to back up your statement.
                      Suave:
                      I know it's fake because a):
                      damn near all of his jerseys are fake, and b):
                      I know who does his work. There's a "tell" here that I don't want out in public, because once he finds out about it, he'll get it fixed, if he can.
                      The company doing the work for him also does a lot of work for me--which, stupidly, I don't misrepresent as game used (cost's me a lot of money!)--and didn't believe me about the tell until very recently. That's all I can say for now, except I'm glad I'm not in school anymore. I'd hate to have to diagram THAT sentence!
                      -Mark
                      Mark
                      msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• bigtime59
                        • Nov 2005

I can tell you that people seem to think they know the definition of "Game Issued" and the truth is there is not definition of "Game Issued", just what you want to believe it is.

Don't justify me with what you think "Game Issued" means, because there is no bible or eBay thesaurus that gives the almighty definition so the term will be used and abused until a change is made.
                        Joel:
                        Here's two definitions for ya:

If the TEAM had it made up for a player, either lettered by the mfr, or their designated sewer/letterer, then it's "game issued."
                        If our boy the faking faker from Fla bought a bunch of pro-cut, year-tagged blank jerseys, then had them customized, and attempts to sell them as "game issued," then the jerseys are
                        FAKE
                        and the seller is a
                        LYING LIAR

Any questions?

Mark Sutton
                        bigtime39@aol.com
                        Mark
                        msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• trsent
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by bigtime59
                          Joel:
                          Here's two definitions for ya:

If the TEAM had it made up for a player, either lettered by the mfr, or their designated sewer/letterer, then it's "game issued."
                          If our boy the faking faker from Fla bought a bunch of pro-cut, year-tagged blank jerseys, then had them customized, and attempts to sell them as "game issued," then the jerseys are
                          FAKE
                          and the seller is a
                          LYING LIAR

Any questions?

Mark Sutton
                          bigtime39@aol.com
                          First off, I don't doubt your accusations, but a game issued jersey can technically be a pro-cut that the guy bought the lettering and had them professionally placed on the item. Where does it say that game issued has to have come right from the team? That is what we want it to be, but no where does the rules state that it must be that way.

Game issued I always felt means game style. If you believe it means something different, that is your definition, but no where does eBay or the law say that if you advertise an item as game issued it has to come from the team. It generally is believed that the item has to be a game ready jersey. You see Pro-Cut NBA jerseys being sold as game issued all the time as they are the same style the player wears in games, but I doubt they came from any locker room.

That is too many people's dream. I would expect anyone who sells an item that is game issued that came from the team would advertise it that way, but I do not believe anyone does.

Comment

• bigtime59
                            • Nov 2005

First off, I don't doubt your accusations, but a game issued jersey can technically be a pro-cut that the guy bought the lettering and had them professionally placed on the item. Where does it say that game issued has to have come right from the team? That is what we want it to be, but no where does the rules state that it must be that way.

Game issued I always felt means game style. If you believe it means something different, that is your definition, but no where does eBay or the law say that if you advertise an item as game issued it has to come from the team. It generally is believed that the item has to be a game ready jersey. You see Pro-Cut NBA jerseys being sold as game issued all the time as they are the same style the player wears in games, but I doubt they came from any locker room.

That is too many people's dream. I would expect anyone who sells an item that is game issued that came from the team would advertise it that way, but I do not believe anyone does.
                            Joel:
                            You're as wrong on this as Shrub was on WMD in Iraq. Now, of course, at this point we all realize he was just trying to prove he is smarter than his daddy. What, exactly, is your agenda in making such utterly wrong statements as the one highlighted above?
                            Things got bad when Russell and Rawlings got booted by MLB, causing a flood of pro-cut blanks to reach the hands of certain unscrupulous sellers. There's a Katrina-size s**t storm heading our way in 2007 if and when all the teams switch to cool base jerseys, and dump all their leftover inventory of conventional jerseys. Statements like the one highlighted above merely provide cover for the jerseyterrorists like the faking faker in Fla.

Mark
                            bigtime39@aol.com
                            Mark
                            msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• suave1477
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2006

Bigtime I agree with you 100%

Game Issued is Game Issued there is no other definition you cant make something what its not. GAME ISSUED MEANS JUST THAT, THE JERSEY WAS ISSUED FOR GAME PLAY!!!
                              Heres an example on trying to make something its not - When I was younger I played a lot of handball and we had a saying for when a ball when out of bounds - "You cant make a bad ball, good"
                              Game Issued is not Game Style if it was then it would be called Game Style and not Game Issued.
                              Yes you do have sellers trying to sell Game Style as Game Issued and that is why YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!

Comment

Working...