Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

536th HR inscription ARod

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BALL FROM HOMERUN #536 GAME TYING MANTLE STEINER at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

seller claims its the actual HR baseball (LH 002158) but the MLB database gives no additional description as such. more likely a baseball used on this event date.

similar baseball sold by Heritage but only said it was a baseball from the game. a variation of the inscription however on the heritage baseball. LH 002163

you be the judge.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Re: 536th HR inscription ARod

Collectors are picking up on the "extra inscription" to make the item looks better. To those un-educated collectors, they would assume that it is an ACTUAL HR or base hit ball when it is NOT!

Unless MLB hologram says so, it is just a baseball from that particular day!

The last Yankees HR I saw auction and authenticated as such - Teixeira at Detroit!

Comment

• marino13
      • Feb 2010

What do you think of this, then?

Some uneducated buyer might think that it is a GREAT deal for a game used baseball DURING JETER's At-Bat signed by Jeter.

Comment

• salmon
        • Oct 2010

Are the descriptions on the inscription decided by the player, or is a buyer buying these baseballs and then sending them in/going to a signing and instructing the player what to write?

Comment

• salmon
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by marino13
          What do you think of this, then?

Some uneducated buyer might think that it is a GREAT deal for a game used baseball DURING JETER's At-Bat signed by Jeter.
          When you say at-bat, are you referencing the second at-bat where Jeter hit the home run? If so, those baseballs were marked "J" with a number. That other baseball for sale could have very well been used during Jeter's other at bats since they used the regular baseballs, but the inscription does make it look inconsistent. A better more accurate inscription would be "3000 hit game 7-9-11".

Comment

• marino13
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by salmon
            Are the descriptions on the inscription decided by the player, or is a buyer buying these baseballs and then sending them in/going to a signing and instructing the player what to write?

From my experiences with players' signing - both public and private - you paid EXTRA for the inscription. And you request the player signed as such!

Some will sign any inscription while others wont!

As for being inconsistent - I think the buyer have the "idea" in mind on how exactly he/she will get the most money out of the additional inscription!

I would have gone with 3000th Hit Game - no date or "game used" is needed since it already stated as such on steiners and MLB database!

Comment

• salmon
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by marino13
              From my experiences with players' signing - both public and private - you paid EXTRA for the inscription. And you request the player signed as such!

Some will sign any inscription while others wont!

As for being inconsistent - I think the buyer have the "idea" in mind on how exactly he/she will get the most money out of the additional inscription!

I would have gone with 3000th Hit Game - no date or "game used" is needed since it already stated as such on steiners and MLB database!
              Joel, I apologize for bringing up an off topic subject but marino13's mention of the Jeter 7-9-11 baseballs reminded me of our discussion in another thread about the marked baseball.

marino13, if you have any thoughts or information you could add to this subject since it also falls in the same neighborhood of possibly misrepresented items.

Comment

Working...