PDA

View Full Version : safe to ship to Europe?

brianborsch
03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if it is safe to ship to Europe, or if there is just no way to do delivery confirmation and thus can get screwed by potential buyers?

both-teams-played-hard
03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
US Express Mail gives a delivery confirmation and meets PayPal's criteria.

David
03-01-2012, 11:26 PM
I've shipped many times to Europe and have yet to have a problem. If it's eBay, you can check bidding history to see if they collect the type of stuff.

Skizzick
03-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Do yourself a huge favor and wrap your items in plastic wrap. I'm currently in London and had somebody ship something to me. The carrier got the package submerged in water and destroyed everything inside. I'm not sure if it was USPS or Royal Mail, but nevertheless you should secure the package as best as possible.

Scotchorama
03-02-2012, 04:18 PM
I live in Europe, and although shipping can be quite pricey (around USD 45 for a bat), items usually arrive. Make sure the address is clearly written (or better, print out the address as sent by the buyer). I usually have items mailed with delivery confirmation.

I'd say that it depends on the buyer; there are crooks in Europe as there are anywhere else...

sox83cubs84
03-02-2012, 04:27 PM
I haven't shipped to Europe, but have had a few thing sent from there to me...all turned out OK.:)

Dave Miedema