PDA

View Full Version : Salo Finals jersey on NHL Auctions

gingi79
03-04-2012, 11:25 PM
My Fellow Collectors. As many of you know, I am a Sami Salo jersey collector. I posted three times in the last 2 seasons that when the Canucks left MeiGray to market their own jerseys, suddenly preorders were accepted and then agreed upon only to be re-negged on. This season they have even added the caveat that they can change pricing (even if you already paid) if something interesting happened when a player wore your jersey. I don't think I am alone in saying that would leave more than just a sour taste in ones mouth.
If you look at this thread: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=43794&page=2
you can see they not only agreed to accept my pre-order for the Finals white Salo jersey in February, 2011 (if they made it 4 months later) but assured me I would be able to obtain it. Without any further correspondence, the team decided to keep one set of jerseys and allow the players to keep their others. When I finally got a reply, months later, this was verified. No apology, no "I tried but the team is keeping them", just a complete lack of correspondence and no accountability. The person in charge of the program was fired in the off season and the new person will not reply to emails or phone calls. The lack of accountability continues.

5 days ago, NHL Auctions listed Sami Salo's white Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Finals jersey. MANY of the fine collectors on this very website were even kind enough to email or PM me with a heads up. It tempered my disgust at the situation with my appreciation of my fellow collectors. And that brings me to a humble request.

I would NEVER say to someone "YOU CANNOT bid on this jersey as I can prove that I should own it." However, I am not above pleading my case in an attempt to obtain my penultimate White Whale and ASKING people to spread my story, consider the facts and ASK you and other collectors to please not bid me up on this jersey. While I realize we don't have a huge hockey following we do have people on both other game worn boards and appreciate any assistance in helping right what I perceive to be a wrong.

Thank you fellow collectors for reading this post and any help you can provide.

Sincerely,

Matt Nachamkin
GinGi79

Dewey2007
03-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Matt, I've read your previous post about how the Canucks screwed you and wish you good luck in your quest for the Salo Finals jersey!

My Fellow Collectors. As many of you know, I am a Sami Salo jersey collector. I posted three times in the last 2 seasons that when the Canucks left MeiGray to market their own jerseys, suddenly preorders were accepted and then agreed upon only to be re-negged on. This season they have even added the caveat that they can change pricing (even if you already paid) if something interesting happened when a player wore your jersey. I don't think I am alone in saying that would leave more than just a sour taste in ones mouth.
If you look at this thread: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=43794&page=2
you can see they not only agreed to accept my pre-order for the Finals white Salo jersey in February, 2011 (if they made it 4 months later) but assured me I would be able to obtain it. Without any further correspondence, the team decided to keep one set of jerseys and allow the players to keep their others. When I finally got a reply, months later, this was verified. No apology, no "I tried but the team is keeping them", just a complete lack of correspondence and no accountability. The person in charge of the program was fired in the off season and the new person will not reply to emails or phone calls. The lack of accountability continues.

5 days ago, NHL Auctions listed Sami Salo's white Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Finals jersey. MANY of the fine collectors on this very website were even kind enough to email or PM me with a heads up. It tempered my disgust at the situation with my appreciation of my fellow collectors. And that brings me to a humble request.

I would NEVER say to someone "YOU CANNOT bid on this jersey as I can prove that I should own it." However, I am not above pleading my case in an attempt to obtain my penultimate White Whale and ASKING people to spread my story, consider the facts and ASK you and other collectors to please not bid me up on this jersey. While I realize we don't have a huge hockey following we do have people on both other game worn boards and appreciate any assistance in helping right what I perceive to be a wrong.

Thank you fellow collectors for reading this post and any help you can provide.

Sincerely,

Matt Nachamkin
GinGi79

vballGuy
03-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Best of luck! I hope that you finally get your white whale Matt.

MarkakisMania
03-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Matt,

Not to hijack the thread, just curious if you will be heading to the National this year since it is back in Charm City?

I remember your experience two years ago when you tried to save $5.00 instead of parking at the hotel lot and parked in a back alley crack dealers lot, had your windows busted out and your stereo stolen.

If you are heading in this year, let me know as I can definitely point you into better parking options.

Jeb

Markakismania@yahoo.com

Dewey2007
03-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Matt, congrats on winning the Salo Finals jersey auction!!

gingi79
03-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Jeb, I've sworn off going back to Charm City, ever. Sorry my friend. Hope you enjoy the show without me.

Thanks Dewey. It sold for what I had expected to pay and had put aside. Obviously I am paying for putting my foot in my mouth and telling my wife I would sell "All my other jerseys to pay for this one" So, you can expect a very large "for sale" thread this weekend.....:p

Dach0sen0ne
03-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Gingi, I'm glad you won this jersey. Enjoy it!