PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii? Don't know. Alaska

EurekaDave
03-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Had this happen? A great forum member bought a football helmet from me. I insured it and mailed it from California to Hawaii. It has not shown up there. The tracking no. says it was shipped to Alaska. Zip codes aren't even close. I'm sure we'll find it. But I wonder if this has happened to you?

Dave Silverbrand

earlywynnfan
03-05-2012, 08:04 AM
A couple weeks ago I had a box shipped to me from Mass. It went to New Jersey, then PAST me here in Cleveland to noodle around Michigan for a few days, then appeared on my doorstep.

Ken

jayt1234
03-05-2012, 09:58 AM
This did happen to me as well. Shipped a helmet last July from MA to HI and received a notice from the buyer that the tracking indicated it was processed and delivered in IL. Went back and forth with the USPS and after a few days as the address was very unique to HI and there was no road even close to it in IL. It did end up getting delivered to HI without any explanation.

I hope your issue gets resolved as well but sounds very similar to my situation.

Jay

EurekaDave
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Update...
The package is now in Honolulu, so a happy ending is imminent. Great! I thought I would have to put Dog the Bounty Hunter on it. That could have been ugly.

Dave Silverbrand

xpress34
03-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Dave -

Not to start a Political Debate here, but I do believe a lot of the budget cuts have caused more issues when the Postal Service started cutting staff and is making plans to reduce delivery days and such.

I recently sent a package IN STATE - Denver to Pueblo that took 4 days to get there after going to Michigan and Illinois on it's travel?

- Smitty

slab0meat
03-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Dave -

Not to start a Political Debate here, but I do believe a lot of the budget cuts have caused more issues when the Postal Service started cutting staff and is making plans to reduce delivery days and such.

I recently sent a package IN STATE - Denver to Pueblo that took 4 days to get there after going to Michigan and Illinois on it's travel?

- Smitty

Imagine how much the USPS could save if they didn't send a Denver/Pueblo shipment to Michigan and Illinois?

David
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm no PO expert, but each package doesn't get it's own van (or plane) to take it from point A to point P, and a local PO office (say Middleton Wisconsin) won't have direct routes to every city in the US. In fact, I bet Middleton non-local packages all go through Milwaukee or perhaps Chicago, no matter where they are eventually going. If you drop off a package addressed to Brooklyn at the Middleton PO, it would be silly to think the 'Brooklyn Van' pulls up at 3pm to the front door to pick up the packages just for Brooklyn. And, if there was, it would be many times more expensive than bulk shipping meandering various districts. The city bus is a lot cheaper than a taxi, even though the bus stops at many places and and the taxi goes straight a to b.

I assume Alaska and Hawaii are a district-- the far West. So it's not so far off as it first may seem.

David
03-05-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm no PO expert, but each package doesn't get it's own van (or plane) to take it from point A to point P, and a local PO office (say Middleton Wisconsin) won't have direct routes to every city in the US. In fact, I bet Middleton non-local packages all go through Milwaukee or perhaps Chicago, no matter where they are eventually going. If you drop off a package addressed to Brooklyn at the Middleton PO, it would be silly to think the 'Brooklyn Van' pulls up at 3pm to the front door to pick up the packages just for Brooklyn. And, if there was a Brooklyn van, it would be many times more expensive than bulk shipping meandering various districts. The fare for a city bus is a lot cheaper than a taxi.

I assume Alaska and Hawaii are in the same shipping district-- the far West. So it's not so far off as it first may seem.

David
03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
sorry for the double post. Submit Replay button malfunction.

yanks12025
03-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Several years ago I was waiting for a bat to come in the mail, I looked at the tracking number and it was only located about an hour away at their sorting place. Well a snow storm hit and i checked the tracking again acouple days later and it was in Las Vegas.