What would you do - if it WAS your item?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

What would you do - if it WAS your item?

To make this short and simple - a closed friend of mine (who happened to be a VERY big Steinersports supporter, for Yankees stuff mostly), is in a situation and the doesnt know where to turn!

He got an INTERESTING item from Steinersports - it has the AUTHENTIC LOA and hologram from Steiner BUT the MLB Hologram is a copy of the original!

This was from one of the milestone game for a Yankees pitcher.

Steinersports has been contacted and they have said to SEND the item in so they can fix it!

Would you SEND it back and hope that it is corrected?

Here is my take - I WOULD NOT SEND IT IN! Chances are they will LOSE it in the handling process and so forth. If they can misplace a JACKET or a BAT, they can misplace ANYTHING!

I would also contact Brandon himself and make an appointment in PERSON to have the situation rectify! Chances are the ORIGINAL item is not going to be found!

I would ask for an EQUAL replacement along with the SAME amount-replacement as in good will for the headaches!

If it was you - what would you do?

• yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: What would you do - if it WAS your item?

I'm confused with "The mlb hologram is a copy of the original"? I'm guessing the player is Rivera?

Comment

• marino13
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by yanks12025
      I'm confused with "The mlb hologram is a copy of the original"? I'm guessing the player is Rivera?

You might know my friend then!

It is a Rivera!

Comment

• marino13
        • Feb 2010

Just called him about the item and told him about this post and your reply....

.. And his reply "I guess Steinersports do have membership with the forum also." And "Tell them to fix the problem".

Yanks, what is the chance that you ARE working for Steiner AND you are his personal rep?

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

No, I don't understand by what you guys mean by saying the mlb hologram is a copy of the original. What is it a copy of? What exactly does it say when you look it up online?

Comment

• marino13
            • Feb 2010

No, I don't understand by what you guys mean by saying the mlb hologram is a copy of the original. What is it a copy of? What exactly does it say when you look it up online?

Since steinersports is trying to correct the wrong, my friend asked me not to get into details and so forth.

Steinersports always been on the up and up with him - since he is one of their loyal customers. It is a very good chance that someone MADE a mistake - and now it is wait and see the mistake being corrected!

On MLB database - it is saying that it is AUTHENTIC and as such. But the hologram is NOT the actual hologram but a very good copy of it! Some might say, that the hologram is WORN and so forth - so the ink and color might fade! But it SHOULDNT be!

Comment

• godwulf
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by marino13
              On MLB database - it is saying that it is AUTHENTIC and as such. But the hologram is NOT the actual hologram but a very good copy of it! Some might say, that the hologram is WORN and so forth - so the ink and color might fade! But it SHOULDNT be!
              I don't know about anyone else, but my head just exploded.

Moving on...
              Jeff
              godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• slab0meat
                • May 2010

Very confusing

Comment

• marino13
                  • Feb 2010

It is very delicate situation as we speak, so they are handling it with care at the moment!

The only thing I am against, is sending the "item" back and hoping that it can be replaced. Chances for that happen is like Zero to None. So, why just send it and hope for the best, when you can hold onto it and DEMAND it in person to be correct and compensated!

The only thing is - it is INCONVENIENT for the buyer to get to the main office in NYC. So he is considering about sending the item back and hoping for the best. I told him that would be a bad idea! What if they LOSE it? He has NOTHING to hold them accountable for!

By the way, the item cost over $600 and it was PRE-ORDER months in advance!

Comment

• Klattsy
                    • Aug 2010

I'm confused about the holo too...Are you saying Steiner sold an item with a fake holo?

Can't you send it in register post w/insurance?

Mark.

Comment

• marino13
                      • Feb 2010

I was told NOT to continue with this WHAT WOULD YOU DO scenario.

It still sucks that it happened! I just hope that it would get fixed and both parties walked away happy!

Here is the best thing I can say about it - since I checked it out in person because I NEVER thought that something like this would happened AT all! But it did!

The only reason why I posted this POLL, would you trust sending the "mistake" item back and hope that it would be rectified (one way or another). Or would you inconvenient yourself and make travel arrangement to correct the "mistake" and DEMAND compensation?

Comment

• yanks12025
                        • Jan 2006

Why'd you even post then if your not going to say anything about the item.

Comment

• marino13
                          • Feb 2010

Why'd you even post then if your not going to say anything about the item.

I did!

The item is a MISTAKE that should NEVER happened - but it did!

Now my friend debating if he wants to send the item back (which a decision I told him NOT TO DO) or make travel arrangement and get it "corrected" in person (he doesnt want to spend).

I was thinking that I would go and take care of it on his behalf - as long as I have all the contact and so forth! But then again, I guess to each his own I guess!

As for posting what it is and pictures of the item - I dont see the need for it since I think they just want to sweep under the rug and forget about it! Make it looks like it NEVER happen!

Comment

• yanks12025
                            • Jan 2006

So your accusing Steiner of making fake MLB holograms and putting them on items. Is that correct? If it is in the database, how you know it's a fake/copy.

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                              • Jun 2010

I am confused like many, but is there a chance that MLB actually posted the hologram on the item and was washed/worn after it was applied? Or there a chance that someone from Steiner accidentally removed it (not sure how, but plausible) and they tried to makeshift/fix it?
                              Cheers,
                              Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                              My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

Working...