PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Cleats Question

eric16841
03-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Just obtained my first game used cleat from Nick Swisher it is a single cleat signed and inscribed. I have two questions for you guys-

1. Does anyone have any suggestions on a display case or nice way to display a single cleat?

2. Has anyone ever obtained a single cleat and found style matching cleat to it to make a pair. im wondering what my odds are of ever finding one.

Thanks for your help

Stros
03-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Framing is always nice.

Shipp_96
03-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Just obtained my first game used cleat from Nick Swisher it is a single cleat signed and inscribed. I have two questions for you guys-

1. Does anyone have any suggestions on a display case or nice way to display a single cleat?

2. Has anyone ever obtained a single cleat and found style matching cleat to it to make a pair. im wondering what my odds are of ever finding one.

Thanks for your help

I can help on both questions. I bought a Steiner UV protected glass football case and found it works fine for either a single cleat or a pair if the player has smaller feet. The larger photo I have attached is with the single cleat displayed, the smaller has the pair displayed. I also find Michael's cases look really nice, but are not UV coated so I would not put anything signed in one of them.

The case I am showing shows a pair of Deon Butler BCA worn and signed cleats vs the Bears (he caught a TD in the game also!). I got the right shoe, and then nearly a year later got the left one! Both were from NFL auctions, both are signed and the second COA states it was also vs the Bears (which helps). Point is you can do it, albeit it takes patience, some luck and keeping a look out for it.