PDA

View Full Version : Olde Tyme H&B BiCentennial Bat. BMH? You out there?

xpress34
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I know it's not GU, but I figured it would get more views here...

I recently picked up this LVS Bat on the 'Bay. Dark Brown with small flared knob handle - too big in diameter to fit in a bat tube.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/OldeTyme1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/OldeTyme2.jpg

It has the Bi Centennial Logo (Liberty Bell w/ Bat) and the barrel is marked:

Olde Tyme Baseball
National League Centennial
Philadelphia 8-21-76

Zane Bats has an identical one up on eBay for $495.00

1976 Philadelphia Phillies Vintage H&B Baseball Bat (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Philadelphia-Phillies-Vintage-H-B-Baseball-Bat-/190643147860#ht_876wt_1163)

I found one other on an old auction site, but no value or final hammer price.

I cannot find any information relating to this game although the Astros did play the Phillies in Philadelphia on 8.21.76. Philly won 7 to 4.

Anyone have any other info on these bats? Mine does have one solid ball mark on the back of the barrel so someone hit a single ball at some point. This thing is a beast! 35" and probably OVER 36oz.

- Smitty

xpress34
03-14-2012, 05:16 PM
All these bat experts and not a peep?

:(

ironmanfan
03-14-2012, 08:40 PM

that's because it's neither a professional model bat nor game used (thus the name of the forum)

ironmanfan
03-14-2012, 08:48 PM

have you thought about pulling some microfilm from the Philadelphia Bulletin, Inquirre or Daily News from the nex day?

again, it's obviously not a professional model bat but doing some legitimate legwork may provide you with some answers.

xpress34
03-14-2012, 11:43 PM
have you thought about pulling some microfilm from the Philadelphia Bulletin, Inquirre or Daily News from the nex day?

again, it's obviously not a professional model bat but doing some legitimate legwork may provide you with some answers.

I've scoured search engines for 'Olde Tyme Baseball', 'National League Centennial Bat', H&b, LVS, etc. etc. so I have been doing 'legitimate' legwork.

I don't live in the North East, so I have no idea what papers are in Philly or were in Philly at the time of this game.

That is why I posted here, was to get some help, but obviously - even though I mentioned it in my 1st post:

I know it's not GU, but I figured it would get more views here...

I have apparently irked some members:

that's because it's neither a professional model bat nor game used (thus the name of the forum)

I thought the idea here was to help each other, but apparently only if it's GU...

Dave Grob was actually kind enough to write me through eBay and offer to help me out:

I have a newspaper article that talks about the "Olde Tyme Baseball Game" in Philly on 21 August 1976. I saw your post on the GUF and noticed that you got no real help. If you want a FREE copy of the article, drop me a line

So thanks for the support from the board...:cool:

BMH
03-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Sorry I cannot help you. We do not keep records of Souvie bats.

xpress34
03-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Sorry I cannot help you. We do not keep records of Souvie bats.

Brian -

I appreciate the response anyway.

Hope all is going well with you!

- Smitty