PDA

View Full Version : New York Mets St. Patty's Day Jersey Help (1991-94)

commando
03-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Hopefully TNTtoys or another advanced Mets collector can help here... Does anyone have photos of the jersey styles the Mets used on St. Patty's Day for the years 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1994? Any help would be very much appreciated. Many thanks!

commando
03-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Kruk Cards did a large Mets team purchase and has several great examples from 1991 and 1992. The 1991 St. Patty's jerseys have the older white Rawlings tag in the tail, as seen on the Tom Spencer #51 uniform below (Spencer's only year with the club was 1991). The 1992 St. Patty's jerseys have the next generation of Rawlings tail tag, which is the red version as seen on the Doug Simons #43 jersey below (Simons was traded to the Expos two weeks after wearing this).

These examples line up perfectly with the Rawlings tag primer found here on the forum. I would like to see Mets St. Patty's examples from 1993 and 1994, even if the pics just show the jersey styles.

Again, many thanks!

commando
03-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Here's a card featuring Doug Linton, whose only Spring Training with the Mets was in 1994. He is wearing a jacket, but the player behind him is wearing a regular blue jersey. Does this mean that green St. Patty's jerseys were not used by the Mets in 1994, but only green caps?

If that is indeed the case, I'm now just looking for 1993.

commando
03-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Still trudging through my search for photos.... Anyone know anything about the Mets uniforms for St. Patty's Day 1993 or 1994? Many thanks!

TNTtoys
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Anthony,

The Mets released a large number of St. Patrick's Day uniforms from their archives (a lot of the commons from this bunch went to Kruk Cards and are listed on ebay, as you have found). The uniforms from this batch were 1990, 1991 and 1992 uniforms.

1992 was the last year in which a Rawlings jersey was worn on field (Spring Training only), as Russell took over the contract to exclusively make Mets uniforms. Russell was the manufacturer 1992, 1993 and 1994. To date, I have never seen a Russell-made St. Patrick's Day uniform for the Mets. I honestly don't believe that any exist.

The Mets did however wear St. Patrick's Day caps on occasion without wearing the matching uniforms. I have last year's cap (had the face of Mr. Met transformed into a leprechaun) and have a cap from a couple of years back (had an NY logo on front and an embroidered leprechaun on the side). In both of these years, there were no St. Patrick's Day jerseys (although Majestic did manage to sell them as authentics).

Thankfully they got it right this year, going back to full St. Patrick's Day uniforms. I'm trying to get one...

Nick