PDA

View Full Version : Russ Branyan Rays Green and Road vest game used jerseys - cheap

jake33
03-23-2012, 06:46 PM
2006 road green alternate branyan #29 jersey - $80 shipped
06 road sleeveless branyan #29 vest - $77 shipped
2006 JOSH PAUL #8 size 48 road vest - $63 shipped

email jahimiak33@yahoo.com

jake33
03-24-2012, 10:18 AM
green branyan sold

jake33
03-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Branyan Sleeveless lowered to $74 shipped

Josh Paul lowered to $55 shipped.

jake33
03-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Looks like , I'll open the 2 remaining jerseys up to the bottom feeders of the game used world.

Branyan sleeveless jersey $66 shipping included in the usa
Josh pauL $48 shipping included in the usa

---

I know I will get emails asking for the jerseys for even less though, i am sure.

If I offered both jerseys for $10 shipped total, I am sure I'd get 3-4 emails of "would you take $9.00?"

slab0meat
03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Sound a little more bitter, please.

jake33
03-30-2012, 02:20 PM
In my real job I deal with closeout companies nonstop, and honestly, we all would be in better shape if we all purchased with the concept of closeout companies. They will offer $$ on anything and everything. They'll make 20 offers of product worth $70,000 and their offer will be like $11,000. In the 20 offers, 1 or 2 sale sgo through, they flip the product for around a $25,000 -$30,000 profit. This happens more than most of you realize. In fact you probably own products that were purchased like this and flipped to a good precieved value to the buyer.

There was just and online game used jersey dealer that just bought the Josh Paul jersey for under $50 shipped, get ready to see it for probably $95 on ebay - likely in 7-10 days on a fixed price auction. He'll sell it for $95 like 4-5 months from now. The problem is as collectors using extra income to buy items doesn't allow many of us to wait 4-5 months to turn an item. We often times need money in the moment, so we'll end up taking a hit more often than not.

jppopma
03-31-2012, 12:09 AM
So bottom feeders = wise business people. That sounds so much nicer considering that your description describes the way that I buy many things. Set a bunch a snipes and get whatever slips through the cracks and gets overlooked.

jake33
03-31-2012, 12:50 PM
The key in making any purchase is understanding the seller/buyer from the other person's point of view. Case and point, I refuse to work with a relator when buying a home. Even if I personally don't use the realtor, the seller is using it and has to pay commission which will hurt your actual offer. It is nothign groundbreaking, but we get emotionally attached to purchases both postive and negative. If you can figure the psychology of a specfic sell and/or purchase and holes in any buy or sell, it is legal and easy to take advantage of.

Understand all the total costs involved for all parties and then you can sell and buy at a much more effective rate. You won't usually make friends in the process, but for lack of a more PR friendly term -lowballing people is the way to purchase most items.

Items that are purchased "NEW" like tires, furniture, clothes, power tools, and cars are items that when you buy them, you are paying the highest dollar amount you'll even see for them. When you can fully understand the product you are buying - you can be a very efficent buyer and wisely buy a used product of any of those and really make out very well in the long run. Every industry has bottom feeders that know the industry and trends so well, they can develop a business plan/formula to profit within the category. Game Used Memorabilia, while always a niche market, is no exception to this practice.

jake33
04-01-2012, 01:53 PM
all sold

godwulf
04-01-2012, 05:27 PM
all sold

How nice. The "bottom feeders" came through, ey? I think what a couple of people were trying to get you to understand is that, while "bottom feeder" may be just a bit of non-judgmental, descriptive jargon in your "real job", most people consider it to be an insult. It's just a little shocking to see somebody on this board referring to fellow members that way...especially when you're trying to sell them something.

jake33
04-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Bottom feeders always come through, because everything thing will sell at some price. It was meant to be insulting, but bottom feeders know they are getting a deal. I myself am a bottom feeder at times when flipping items. It is the reality of the situation, and if anyone is offended by it, they likely are taking themselves too seriously.

slab0meat
04-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Bottom feeders always come through, because everything thing will sell at some price. It was meant to be insulting, but bottom feeders know they are getting a deal. I myself am a bottom feeder at times when flipping items. It is the reality of the situation, and if anyone is offended by it, they likely are taking themselves too seriously.

So you flat out say it was meant to be insulting, but if anyone felt insulted by it, they're taking themselves too seriously?