PDA

View Full Version : How much would PUJOLS' 1st HR as an Angels worth?

marino13
03-26-2012, 10:54 AM
I had a discussion with a couple friends who are going to Yankees Opening Day game and the opening series versus the Angels in the bronx.

The main goal, to catch the game and hopefully in the position to catch the HR baseball(s). We will be in the outfield field level - four will be in right field and four will be in left field.

We have a pact going - if one of us get it, it will share among the group!

So, now is the main question, how much you thing it worth? And would give it back to Pujols and requesting for some gamers - most likely, it will be a bat and a couple signed baseballs!

Personally, with the right buyer along with hi-res recording from MLB network and so forth, along with a lot of pictures and surrounding witnesses (chances are, they will want to throw the baseball back onto the field) - I think it worth at least $1000 if not more! But I would rather trade it back for some gamers - sell them and split the profit!

:D

pujolsal1979
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
I will give you a 1000 if you get it.

yanks12025
03-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Thing is the Angels play 6 games before the Yankee series, so I'm sure he'll hit one by the time he gets to NY.

marino13
03-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Thing is the Angels play 6 games before the Yankee series, so I'm sure he'll hit one by the time he gets to NY.

I hope he will NOT - since it is not the same league!

:D

marino13
03-26-2012, 11:18 AM
I will give you a 1000 if you get it.

Ha!

We already got a couple offers at $1k for it already - still short for the set of 8 tickets for opening game!

Spent $1600 for opening game and $600 for the next two games!

OaklandAsFan
03-26-2012, 12:22 PM
IMO if you bought tickets as anything other than entertainment you guys got hosed. The chances of any of the 8 of you catching the HR are astronomical on top of the fact that if all you have gotten offers for it so far is 1k then I would say thats about what the ball is worth.

marino13
03-26-2012, 02:09 PM
IMO if you bought tickets as anything other than entertainment you guys got hosed. The chances of any of the 8 of you catching the HR are astronomical on top of the fact that if all you have gotten offers for it so far is 1k then I would say thats about what the ball is worth.

It is our annual thing - the first three games of the season!

As for catching HR baseballs - we got like four for the last 6 trips, so the odds are pretty good!

One of the guys are actually Pujols fan, so he wants to return the baseball if we got them, for a chance to meet and hopefully getting a gamer or two in exchange!

Not a bad choice either!

frikativ54
03-26-2012, 02:11 PM

I agree. While it may be fun, it's a huge gamble for even the possibility of catching a baseball. Also, as has been discussed in many home run ball threads, even if you did catch it, there would be no guarantee that you would get Pujols equipment in exchange. He might just offer you a signed bat as trade, and all this is assuming he even wants the ball back. Pujols may not care about his first homer in a new uniform like some collectors would. In conclusion, if you are getting good entertainment out of this and a fun time with your buddies, then it may be worth it to you. However, in an objective financial sense, I struggle to see how you would make any money.