PDA

View Full Version : Looking to purchase-a cheap 1994 GU jersey with 75th patch and NFL shield.

solarlottry
04-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Looking to buy a 1994 GU jersey with both the 75th patch and NFL shield. The cheaper the better and it does not matter team or player.

I have a home, 1994 49er Richard Dent playoff worn jersey that the team removed the 75th patch from. The 49ers would routinely remove patches, numbers and letters, as well as anything else that was needed, in order to get jerseys ready for Sundays.

Thus I am looking for a game worn 94 shirt that has both the 75th NFL anniversary patch and the NFL shield intact. I will use the 75th patch on the Dent shirt and the NFL shield on a Merton Hanks rookie gamer that the shield has fallen off of.

It is important to have GU patches, not GI ones because the patches are "broken in" after the shirt has been worn and washed. Plus most of the authentic patches sold on eBay etc do NOT match the patch/shield on actual gamers.

ProAm sports has the jersey I am looking for (a Chiefs gamer with the 75th patch and NFL shield but missing a nameplate) but it is 150$. If anyone has what I need for less, then please shoot me an email.

Always buying 49er gamers and ALL/ANY 1994 GU 49er items. Paying a finders fee for quality info that leads to a sale.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Mattapan03
04-02-2012, 09:19 PM
It pains me that you'd consider stripping apart a "broken-in" 75th anniversary gamer!

solarlottry
04-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Taking apart a GU jersey without a nameplate is not a big deal for me. I would not dismantle a gamer that someone might want or that was fully intact.

Cannibalizing a gamer that is already missing a nameplate, for the patch and the shield, in order to restore a HOF shirt such as my Richard Dent, seems like a reasonable tradeoff.

The 49ers did it all the time, using other gamers to add the missing patches, letters etc to get the shirts ready for game day. They also recycled gamers into practice shirts. Ken Norton would routinely wear a Randy Cross gamer for practice.

In my opinion it is important to restore a gamer to a state that most resembles its original state. Using a GU 75th patch accomplishes this goal. How many times have we seen restored jerseys at auction that were restored using vintage material from other, less expensive, period gamers.

Obviously once the Richard Dent is restored, it would be labeled as such. It is not going anywhere anytime soon and i think my collection is just the slightest bit better with the jersey having the proper patch.

Paul