PDA

View Full Version : Improvements at Oriole Park

BostonSportsFan
04-02-2012, 09:18 PM
For those who may or may not know the Orioles have spent the offseason making a number of renovations to Oriole Park for the upcoming season. The highlights of these upgrades can be found in the attached article .

http://oriolepost.com/baltimore-orioles/articles/opening-day-plans-at-oriole-park-at-camden-yards-april-6th.html

Not sure if he is still around on here but a friend of mine who works for the Orioles told me that former forum Moderator Andrew Lang and former forum member Brett Herman will be responsible for managing an onsite sports art and memorabilia gallery in the warehouse at Camden Yards. It is detailed in the article called Art of the Game.

If anyone has any additional knowledge or information of this I would greatly appreciate them commenting on this.

Both Andrew and Brett are friends who I have purchased and sold items to in the past. If this rumor is true I have no doubt they will be very, successful in this venture.

Best,

Joe

allstarsplus
04-08-2012, 08:46 PM
We did open on Friday (Opening Day) as planned. Our built-ins never arrived but that was okay.

I want to thank the many GUU people that stopped in over the weekend and will apologize for not being able to talk to each of you for more than a few seconds.

We were absolutely slammed.

I shot this video after we close on Friday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7vVn8-rWX8

As you can see, we were packed as the crowds were out the door most of the day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4TJ62nldM

frikativ54
04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
I shot this video after we close on Friday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7vVn8-rWX8

As you can see, we were packed as the crowds were out the door most of the day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4TJ62nldM

Great videos. I really enjoyed seeing the store. :)

DJaeger22
04-09-2012, 09:11 AM
I'll be at the Yanks O's game Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm going to have to check it out based on those videos!

allstarsplus
04-11-2012, 06:52 AM
Danny, it was good seeing you and your friend last night as well as all the others who have stopped by from the Forum. I apologize in advance especially to Jeff and some others who were in while we were slammed and I couldn't talk to you.

We will have a few of these game used balls tonight:

geoff
04-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Andrew no problem at all as it was opening day.I will be in again on my next game and say hi and see what you guys have.

Thanks
Geoff

BostonSportsFan
04-27-2012, 02:13 PM
I stopped in at Art of the Game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards last night. The store is looking great. They have managed to obtain game used balls from the Yankees series and Brett told me they had just gotten in two more bags of game used balls from the Toronto series that same night although he mentioned he could not pull the Holograms as the MLB system seemed to be down at that time.

Apparently my good friend Andy Lang will be there the next 3 nights and of course tomorrow night is the first unveiling of the new Orioles HOF'ers statues featuring Frank Robinson. Brett told me that they will have a bunch of signed Frank balls, photos and items for that game.

I was amazed at how good the store looked at this point as I was told that they had just gotten a bunch of display cases in earlier in the week. Brett told me that they are working on obtaining some game used bats, bases, helmets and hopefully jersey's and have a wish list started for key players like Weiters, Jones, Markakis etc.

I was told the store phone number should be working soon but Andy can be reached at his email address here with any questions.

Look forward to stoping in again soon as they keep adding more items on my next trip back to the East Coast.

I managed to pick up a fantastic signed ball from the Orioles 4 20 game winners from '71. Brett told me that have only one of those balls left and then they are gone. You just don't see those anywhere.

Great operation look forward to seeing more

Thanks

Joe

ironmanfan
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
I'll be there Sunday, perhaps I'll get a chance to stop by

sox83cubs84
04-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I stopped in at Art of the Game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards last night. The store is looking great. They have managed to obtain game used balls from the Yankees series and Brett told me they had just gotten in two more bags of game used balls from the Toronto series that same night although he mentioned he could not pull the Holograms as the MLB system seemed to be down at that time.

Apparently my good friend Andy Lang will be there the next 3 nights and of course tomorrow night is the first unveiling of the new Orioles HOF'ers statues featuring Frank Robinson. Brett told me that they will have a bunch of signed Frank balls, photos and items for that game.

I was amazed at how good the store looked at this point as I was told that they had just gotten a bunch of display cases in earlier in the week. Brett told me that they are working on obtaining some game used bats, bases, helmets and hopefully jersey's and have a wish list started for key players like Weiters, Jones, Markakis etc.

I was told the store phone number should be working soon but Andy can be reached at his email address here with any questions.

Look forward to stoping in again soon as they keep adding more items on my next trip back to the East Coast.

I managed to pick up a fantastic signed ball from the Orioles 4 20 game winners from '71. Brett told me that have only one of those balls left and then they are gone. You just don't see those anywhere.

Thanks

Joe

And there will never be more...of the four, the only one still alive is Palmer.

Dave Miedema

BostonSportsFan
04-27-2012, 05:43 PM
And there will never be more...of the four, the only one still alive is Palmer.

Dave Miedema

Dave right you are. Not only will there never be more, I don't think this will ever be done again. I was shocked to see one of these balls as you never ever see anything signed by all four of these players together. I was told last night that they had two of these photos signed by all four on opening day and sold them within 30 minutes of opening the doors. They have no additional photos.

The way the game has changed from 4 to 5 man rotations and with all the parity in the game as well as salary implications there is simply no way that any team is going to get four guys in a rotation that are capable of all winning 20 games in one year.

You simply will not see this happen ever again.

On another note Brett told me that there is an artist working on a 1966 Orioles world series celebration piece for them and they will also have a local artist in store later this spring painting Camden Yards.

This is just a fantastic concept mixing sports art with memorabilia and game used. Simply a little something for all sports related collectors

Joe