PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed

Vintagedeputy
10-04-2006, 07:33 PM
About 2 weeks ago I purchased a Harold Baines game use bat from Zane bats on ebay. I'm away from home right now and I kept checking in to see if my bat arrived. I got an email from them and they said that the bat had been sold a while back and was relisted in error. To Zane's credit, he has offered me another bat and is willing to refund my money and make it right. While I dont understand exactly how the bat got relisted if it was previously sold, I am happy with the way that Zane bats is handling this. He seems like an upstanding seller and wants to make the situation right. I'm glad that there are dealers like Zane who are willing to make things right by their customers.

Anyone ever have a similar situation happen to them?

Jim

kylehess10
10-04-2006, 07:37 PM
This same thing happended to my brother. Last Christmas I asked for a pair of Chipper Jones game worn black & white batting gloves. I did get them for Christmas and I my brother told me that when he first bought them from JT Sports, they said that they were sold out and it wasn't supposed to be for sale, then they offered him a red & white pair instead which was what I got

suave1477
10-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Funny you say that something similar just a few days ago happend to me.
I won a bat autographed by the 2006 Mets Team including management - figured why not pick one up now since it looks like this teams is gonna go to the World Series.

To my amazement I won this bat for $100 WHAT A STEAL!!! from what it looks like the way he listed it many people didnt catch it.

Sure enough a deal too good to be true usually is - a day later I received an email apologizing that he by acident relisted the item and it was already sold. So I am assuming but I bet someone contacted him and gave him a higher offer.

Vintagedeputy
10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
suave - are you saying that Zane bats did that to you?

I sell on ebay all the time and if an item is sold, I dont believe the features allow you to relist the same item. I think you can sell a similar item but not the same. His response was:

"As I stated-I was working from my MyEbay Page and Relisted the Baines bat from my unsold page-However-It was already sold-Several-Weeks-Months ago-I am sorrybut the bat is long gone-I will Email pictures of the other bat-tommorrow-I will see to it that you are happy-Best-Zane"

he is willing to email me some other bats and seems like he wants to make it right but I was really looking forward to that bat. Uncracked, with good game use and a possible future HOF for $100.....I hope that is was just a simple listing error.

thomecollector
10-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I had a similar thing happen about 5 years ago. I won this card off ebay. I bid on it because at the time I was into the card thing. Anyway, this card was a 1 of 1. Right after the auction ends. this clown emails me, and says he lost the card. I said,"Why didn't you say that when the auction was going "? His reply: "He lost it a week ago,but didn't end it". Which I new was BS, since I won it for a great price. Needless to say ,it turned into a pissing match . Ebay is such a joke!. That's a nother topic for later.:(

suave1477
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
VintageDeputy no I am not saying Zanebats did this to me, I said a similiar situation happend to me when I recently won an item from a totally different seller.

I was also dissapointed in not being able to get the item.

As far a relisting an item, you can relist the same exact one. The feature that ebay provides is to list a "Similar Item" which it lets you do this with the same pictures, title, description and nothing changed. Hence same exact item.

The Lumber Company
10-04-2006, 08:42 PM
To all,
I have bought literally hundreds of bats from Zane and he is by far the most upstanding bat dealer that I have ever met. Zane has never let me down. He has exibited customer service that way exceeds the average dealer. He is fair dealer and is straight up at all times.

I have been on both sides of these Ebay listing snafu's and it really just amounts to accidently listing a bat (or product) that you thought was available but is actually gone. I'm sure Zane meant no malice and will make the situation right.

I bet that at any given moment Zane has 100's of bats in inventory, thousands of photos of inventory and countless thousands of bats that have passed through his hands over the years.

I'm sure that Zane has handled a few Baines bats over the years and will undoubtedly have others.....Zane is one of the good guys.

Regards,
Marty Wallach
www.thelumbercompany.com (http://www.thelumbercompany.com)

The Lumber Company
10-04-2006, 08:45 PM
As far as reselling from your ebay unsold page etc. That is great if you sell exclusively on Ebay and that is your exclusive inventory control. Zane sells lots of stuff outside of ebay as well.
Marty

Vintagedeputy
10-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I know that Zane will do right by me and I have no complaints with him. I hope my post didnt come across that way. I was just really disappointed. Thats all.

Swoboda4
10-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Six years ago my son won a upper deck Sosa autograph redemption card. We mailed it in and six months later no response. I had called upper deck and they told me they were out of the Sosa card and that they would send what they felt would be the equivalent. Three months later a package arrived from Upper deck with two wrapped cards. One was a Cal Ripken Jr autographed card and the other was another Ripken Autograph card. At the time my son was dissapointed. Now we laugh at how fortunate things worked out.