PDA

View Full Version : NFL teams way over budget with new Nike deal

cfnnb9
04-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I was told today that many NFL teams are way over budget for the upcoming year with the new Nike deal. The Packers placed the same order they did last year with quantities and such, and are over 1 million dollars over budget. The new Nike equipment is significantly more expensive then the Reebok equipment. Im not sure if this will effect the price of game used memorabilia. But there will likely be less items to be had. Also I was told that the Cardinals ordered 33 straw hats for spring training and they shipped in 33 different boxes. As well as teams getting other teams orders. Sounds like there may be a few kinks in the system as Nike becomes the NFL supplier.

slambam
04-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Who woulda thought Reebok could find cheaper labor than Nike?

Mulligans
04-11-2012, 05:50 AM
I was told today that many NFL teams are way over budget for the upcoming year with the new Nike deal. The Packers placed the same order they did last year with quantities and such, and are over 1 million dollars over budget. The new Nike equipment is significantly more expensive then the Reebok equipment. Im not sure if this will effect the price of game used memorabilia. But there will likely be less items to be had. Also I was told that the Cardinals ordered 33 straw hats for spring training and they shipped in 33 different boxes. As well as teams getting other teams orders. Sounds like there may be a few kinks in the system as Nike becomes the NFL supplier.

I was under the impression that several companies bid on the contract and Nike was awarded the contract based on among other things "Price". I am quite certain that the Nfl would know exactly what the price was before they awarded the contract? Did you get the info from a reliable source?

cohibasmoker
04-11-2012, 06:17 AM

Within the past few days, I've seen a bunch of Packers jerseys on eBay. Perhaps the team unloaded their Reebok jerseys? If the million dollar price is correct, certainly unloading their old jerseys won't come close to that figure.

Jim

cfnnb9
04-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Shot you a Private Message mulligans, I believe the source to be very reliable.