PDA

View Full Version : Art of the Game Camden Yards

MarkakisMania
04-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Just wanted to give a great big shout out to Andrew Lang and Brett Herman and their new store Art of the Game inside Oriole Park at Camden Yards. I was able to stop by on Tuesday night and while still being a work in progress the store just looks awsome.

They took a pre-order from me for some Orioles game used pieces that they are working on getting and I cannot wait to see this store continue to expand and develop.

According to Andrew they should start getting more memorabilia including game used in around the end of this month and will continue to expand as the summer progresses.

If you are going to Oriole park check out their store along with all the great changes at the stadium.

Andrew mentioned that the phone lines should be hooked up sometime next week but he also mentioned they will take your order for future game used and memorabilia as well as the sports art pieces they are selling.

I will try posting a photo later of some game used baseballs they had in the store from the Yankees Orioles series. I wanted to grab one but Brett mentioned all 5 balls had sold within 30 minutes of going into the store.

Looks like the O's are finally going to get this game used business down after years of failure. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Jeb

allstarsplus
04-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Jeb - Thanks so much! It has been crazy. Again, sorry I couldn't spend a lot of time with you.

On Wednesday, we had in the Yankees YES Network doing a segment in our store. It was shown during the 8th inning if anyone wants to see it. I have no way of capturing the video off of my screen.

Hoping to meet more GUU people and thanks to everyone for the kind words and support!

sportscentury
04-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Jeb - Thanks so much! It has been crazy. Again, sorry I couldn't spend a lot of time with you.

On Wednesday, we had in the Yankees YES Network doing a segment in our store. It was shown during the 8th inning if anyone wants to see it. I have no way of capturing the video off of my screen.

Hoping to meet more GUU people and thanks to everyone for the kind words and support!

Awesome. Congrats, Andrew --- I look forward to checking this out in person.

schubert1970
04-13-2012, 10:53 AM
This is really a great idea, any chance you'll be doing game day auctions?

sportscentury
04-13-2012, 10:56 AM

P.S. Congrats to you, too, Brett ---- sorry, no edit function here.

allstarsplus
04-13-2012, 11:02 AM
This is really a great idea, any chance you'll be doing game day auctions?

Its interesting that you mention the game auctions. I don't know yet but I will look into it.

I know many teams auctions are run by the charities arm of the team.

allstarsplus
04-13-2012, 11:05 AM

We are 2 blocks from the convention center. When you come in for the National this summer, I will take you over there as we will be open on non-game days by appointment only and for special events.

Strange timing of the National this year, I am fairly certain the O's are out of town. The Nats should be in town so a good time for anyone visiting The National to head over to Nats Park.

BaseballGM
04-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Andrew - Do you still have your Nationals connections or has this new venture changed that?

allstarsplus
04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Andrew - Do you still have your Nationals connections or has this new venture changed that?

Yes, still working directly with several of the Nats players. Email me or call me.

geoff
04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
I am sure after talking with Brett there are more great items to come to the store.

harleighb
04-28-2012, 11:32 PM
I was able to take in a game at Camden Yards last week and had the pleasure of meeting with Andrew Lang and Brett Herman and checking out their new venture - Art of the Game. The store is very nice with a lot of great sports art and GU items (with more to come in future). I'd encourage anyone visiting Camden Yards to make it part of their visit.

MarkakisMania
04-29-2012, 12:18 AM
For any forum members who are interested I was able to stop by for a game last night and spoke with Andrew Lang about interest I have in acquiring some Dodgers players game used bats. Andrew mentioned to me that their company has locations in Dodger Stadium and Aneheim Stadium and that they have the ability to obtain game used/game worn of current Dodgers and Angels players that would be MLB authenticated.

Obviously they also will be able to do the same with the Orioles as well and I have an order in place for a Matt Wieters game worn jersey however Andrew told me I am about 4th in line lol. Anyway, anyone interested contact Andrew at allstarsplus@aol.com or contact the store directly as I am now told their phone line has been installed. The number is 410-244-8841. Andrew told me they will be in the store at approximately 5:00 pm on game days and until about 30 minutes after each game.

Good luck to anybody hunting those teams.

Jeb

allstarsplus
04-29-2012, 09:51 PM
I was able to take in a game at Camden Yards last week and had the pleasure of meeting with Andrew Lang and Brett Herman and checking out their new venture - Art of the Game. The store is very nice with a lot of great sports art and GU items (with more to come in future). I'd encourage anyone visiting Camden Yards to make it part of their visit.

Harleigh, great meeting you and your friend! It is so much fun meeting all the GUU Forum members.

I also met a gentleman and his wife from Boston on Friday. I think his name here is Coco but since my memory is bad maybe its something entirely different. Good meeting you!

allstarsplus
04-29-2012, 09:58 PM
For any forum members who are interested I was able to stop by for a game last night and spoke with Andrew Lang about interest I have in acquiring some Dodgers players game used bats. Andrew mentioned to me that their company has locations in Dodger Stadium and Aneheim Stadium and that they have the ability to obtain game used/game worn of current Dodgers and Angels players that would be MLB authenticated.

Obviously they also will be able to do the same with the Orioles as well and I have an order in place for a Matt Wieters game worn jersey however Andrew told me I am about 4th in line lol. Anyway, anyone interested contact Andrew at allstarsplus@aol.com or contact the store directly as I am now told their phone line has been installed. The number is 410-244-8841. Andrew told me they will be in the store at approximately 5:00 pm on game days and until about 30 minutes after each game.

Good luck to anybody hunting those teams.

Jeb

Jeb, good to see you again. Just so you know, the store phone number is only being answered during home games. Once I get smart enough, I will put it on call forward when we are closed.

BostonSportsFan
06-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I had the opportunity to make the Orioles and Phillies game this past Sunday at Oriole Park. I stopped in at Art of the Game while there and was pleasantly surprised to see some fantastic game used items in stock.

The store was absolutely slammed as the park was full of Phillies fans for the weekend series. Andrew Lang mentioned to me that he and Brett had been beyond slammed all weekend and were selling stuff as fast as they could replenish it.

Some of the really unique items I saw were 3 MLB authenticated and Photomatched Adam Jones Home Run bats from 2012. Additional items included a Cal Ripken signed and inscribed bp bat, a game used base from one of Cal Ripken's final career games and a number of bats from other current players Markakis, Wieters, Davis etc. all game used. Andrew told me that they are taking orders for other game used items as well but will not flood the market with racks of game used items like some of the other teams are doing.

I think this is a very wise approach as some of the other team stores just seem to have items of lesser players collecting dust on the shelves.

Andrew mentioned the sports art sales have been great recently and they are eagerly awaiting Brooks Robinson to sign a newly released piece of artwork from Stephen Holland that they are taking preorders on. It was just incredible as they had the original work in the store and it was amazing.

Anyway, it is great to see the store taking off like it has. I knew that Andrew and Brett would knock this one out of the park. The concept of the sports art mixed with game used and signed and autographed memorabilia is a really smart mix.

Andrew told me that they are selling out of the game used Jones bats so quickly that anyone that still wants one should contact him or the store ASAP.

Joe

geoff
06-11-2012, 11:13 PM
When I am at the games which is alot I always stop in and say hi.They do have great items hanging on the walls and in the cases.If anyone is at the stadium they should stop in and see what they have for sale.

Thanks
Geoff

5toolplayer
06-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Jeb, good to see you again. Just so you know, the store phone number is only being answered during home games. Once I get smart enough, I will put it on call forward when we are closed.

Hey Andrew,

The wife and I will be headed down to Bmore for 7 straight games starting Aug 6th (M's & Royals). Can't wait to see the store. I've been reading all the replies on this thread but I didn't see the part where if you mention u are a GUU member you get a discount of 10% Did I miss it somewhere? :confused:

See ya soon ;-)

allstarsplus
06-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Hey Andrew,

The wife and I will be headed down to Bmore for 7 straight games starting Aug 6th (M's & Royals). Can't wait to see the store. I've been reading all the replies on this thread but I didn't see the part where if you mention u are a GUU member you get a discount of 10% Did I miss it somewhere? :confused:

See ya soon ;-)

I can't wait to meet you. We had in the Phillies over the weekend and I met 4 different GUU members from Philly and Jersey.

I think a 10% discount is perfect for GUU members which we will do except on our "sale" case. We added 37 new game used bats and a bunch of significant game used balls.

Here is our new case with Adam Jones equipment:

kylehess10
06-13-2012, 06:53 PM
I can't wait to meet you. We had in the Phillies over the weekend and I met 4 different GUU members from Philly and Jersey.

I think a 10% discount is perfect for GUU members which we will do except on our "sale" case. We added 37 new game used bats and a bunch of significant game used balls.

Display looks great!!

5toolplayer
06-15-2012, 05:51 AM

NICE!!!! Cya soon Andrew. DISPLAY LOOKS SWEEEEET

BostonSportsFan
07-07-2012, 07:36 PM
I was back in town for the Earl Weaver statue unveiling last weekend at Oriole Park. Every single time I make it out there I see new product which looks like one of a kind type of items. The store continues to receive more variety on game used bats and Andrew told me that they are highly encouraged that they will soon start getting access to the game worn jersey's. He told me that they already have a waiting list in place for Wieters, Jones, Markakis, Chen jersey's to name a few.

If you are heading out to Oriole park or are looking for anything Orioles game used or even signed memorabilia of current players and legends make sure to check these guys out.

Andrew did mention to me that he has recently been adding quite a bit of Nationals gear to the store including some game used bats that they had in stock, signed photos and even some brand new art of Strasburg and Harper.

The store has really taken shape, this is the one component that Camden Yards had been missing.

Joe

icollectDCsports
07-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Checked out the Art of the Game just inside Gate A at Camden Yards today. Great to see Andrew and Brett, and check out the amazing sports art as well as some O's game used bats. Great store.

Buster23!
07-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Andrew, I just wanted to see if you guys are going to have a table at the National Sport Collectors Convention in August? If not, are you guys opened even when the O's are out of town? What kind of Nats stuff do you guys have in?
Sorry for all the questions

joelsabi
07-16-2012, 11:19 AM

Andrew and Brett, i wish you both well in this endeavor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q77VYWiVgk0 Is this the full segment?

allstarsplus
07-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Andrew, I just wanted to see if you guys are going to have a table at the National Sport Collectors Convention in August? If not, are you guys opened even when the O's are out of town? What kind of Nats stuff do you guys have in?
Sorry for all the questions

I think we can arrange to be open for a few hours on a day that works for most on the Forum. We are 2 blocks from the Convention Center so that could work.

allstarsplus
07-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Andrew and Brett, i wish you both well in this endeavor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q77VYWiVgk0 Is this the full segment?

Thanks Joel. They shot about 10 minutes in our store and used that segment on TV thats in the YouTube video. If they showed more later we didn't see it.

BostonSportsFan
07-30-2012, 10:47 PM
I think we can arrange to be open for a few hours on a day that works for most on the Forum. We are 2 blocks from the Convention Center so that could work.

I spoke with Brett earlier today and he said that while Art of the Game is not planning a table or booth at the National, they are willing to open for several hours for people visiting the National to stop by and look around at the store. Andrew I believe had previously mentioned this.

Brett said that he would plan to open and man the store which is located just inside Gate A on Eutaw Street at Oriole Park from approximately 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm on Friday August 3rd as the main gates at Oriole park on Eutaw are open during this time.

If anyone needs an additional day he said he could probably open the store around the same time on Thursday from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm if anyone has any interest in stopping by.

I think someone mentioned Nationals items, last time I was in the store several weeks ago they had several Nationals game used bats, a bunch of Nationals framed photos and some autographed baseballs as well as a few pieces of artwork.

You might want to email Andrew Lang to confirm those hours or if you have any interest in anything specific in the store.

Thanks

Joe