PDA

View Full Version : Official Cable Installer for the Colorado Rockies???

xpress34
04-12-2012, 09:53 PM
So, this past couple of days has been kind of... interesting I guess would be the word - to say the least.

A few of you guys know that I work in the cable industry for a contractor to Comcast here in Denver.

I recently moved up from my job as a Tech Supervisor/Field Supervisor to Director of Safety and Risk Management. I will be working state wide overseeing all of our locations as we know do Comcast's work from Ft Collins (N) to Pueblo (S) - the Mountains (W) to Greeley and Sterling (E) so I will be traveling alot.

So yesterday one of my techs calls me and says he needs help on a job and that I probably will want to come help. I ask why and he says he's installing a ball player's services and that there is a lot of Twins stuff.

I go over and sure enough, it's Michael Cuddyer! I got to install his Internet and Phone while my tech finished the TVs. We were there about an hour and a half - what an AWESOME guy. Then at the game last night he saw me on the rail and came right over and signed autos for me and everyone around me...

So today, I'm out back of Coor's Field graphing after the game and Matt Reynolds (Relief Pitcher) comes out and waves me over... Matt knows my buddy Kevin through some stuff and asks me, 'Aren't you Kevin's friend?' I told him Yes and then he asks if I work for Comcast... I start laughing because while working on Cuddy's stuff, we talked about everything - baseball, life, photography, etc - and I mentioned something about my buddy Kevin having gone to the Broncos/Bears game last year with Reynolds.

I asked if Cuddy mentioned something, he said yes and then asked for my number so he can call me to personally install his cable, so I guess I will hear from him soon...

I called and told my boss and he's like, "Alright Smitty!!! Let's become the Official Cable Installers for the Colorado Rockies!!!"

I'll keep you all informed!!!

- Smitty

tigerdale
04-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Great story!!!

rufusandherschel
04-13-2012, 08:49 AM
So, this past couple of days has been kind of... interesting I guess would be the word - to say the least.

A few of you guys know that I work in the cable industry for a contractor to Comcast here in Denver.

I recently moved up from my job as a Tech Supervisor/Field Supervisor to Director of Safety and Risk Management. I will be working state wide overseeing all of our locations as we know do Comcast's work from Ft Collins (N) to Pueblo (S) - the Mountains (W) to Greeley and Sterling (E) so I will be traveling alot.

So yesterday one of my techs calls me and says he needs help on a job and that I probably will want to come help. I ask why and he says he's installing a ball player's services and that there is a lot of Twins stuff.

I go over and sure enough, it's Michael Cuddyer! I got to install his Internet and Phone while my tech finished the TVs. We were there about an hour and a half - what an AWESOME guy. Then at the game last night he saw me on the rail and came right over and signed autos for me and everyone around me...

So today, I'm out back of Coor's Field graphing after the game and Matt Reynolds (Relief Pitcher) comes out and waves me over... Matt knows my buddy Kevin through some stuff and asks me, 'Aren't you Kevin's friend?' I told him Yes and then he asks if I work for Comcast... I start laughing because while working on Cuddy's stuff, we talked about everything - baseball, life, photography, etc - and I mentioned something about my buddy Kevin having gone to the Broncos/Bears game last year with Reynolds.

I asked if Cuddy mentioned something, he said yes and then asked for my number so he can call me to personally install his cable, so I guess I will hear from him soon...

I called and told my boss and he's like, "Alright Smitty!!! Let's become the Official Cable Installers for the Colorado Rockies!!!"

I'll keep you all informed!!!

- Smitty

So, it's Smitty, "Mike Cuddyer's Cable Guy" !

OaklandAsFan
04-13-2012, 09:44 AM
So are you gonna hook him up with the latest in Hi-Fi greatness then throw a huge Karaoke party and set him up with a hooker?

frikativ54
04-13-2012, 09:51 AM
So are you gonna hook him up with the latest in Hi-Fi greatness then throw a huge Karaoke party and set him up with a hooker?

LOL! :D :p :eek:

xpress34
04-13-2012, 10:10 AM

Ummmm - no.

Unbelievably down to earth guy... the house was super quite - he said that would change by this weekend when his wife and kids arrive.

Nothing really extravagant. Nice upscale house but not over the top.

kylehess10
04-13-2012, 12:36 PM
That's great!! Sounds like a friendly relationship brewing - hard enough to come by those with athletes

tony433433
04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
That is an awesome story, Smitty! I told you this on my introductory thread, but most (if not all) of us Twins fans are still cheering for him. Treat him well out there in CO!!

It should be cool seeing him square up against Kubel and the D-backs this weekend. Hopefully he can join the the Coors' Mile High club soon. He's bound to go deep A LOT!

Any cool Twins stuff that you could see and share with us brokenhearted Cuddy fans?

xpress34
04-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Ummmm - no.

Unbelievably down to earth guy... the house was super quite - he said that would change by this weekend when his wife and kids arrive.

Nothing really extravagant. Nice upscale house but not over the top.

That should read super QUIET...

In response to Tony - Not a whole lot unpacked that I saw, I was in the kitchen and garage mostly getting the internet and wireless up and running...

I did spy one Twins Batting Helmet on a shelf in a room, but I didn't go in there.

- Smitty