PDA

View Full Version : Elite at it again?

alexbartacustoms
04-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Hi guys-

I saw some Hines Ward Game-Used cleats on e-Bay the other day, but I noticed the COA came from our buddies at Elite Sports Marketing.

I tried to photo match the cleats, but I can't see Hines ever wearing these in an NFL game. At best, I think these are practice worn. Most gamers I have seen don't include a number on the heel.

Here is the info, check it out and let me know what you think. I know I'm inviting potential bidding competition if these are real, but I'd rather pay more and be sure these are real!
Hines Ward Signed Game used cleats COA

Item Number: 130678121318

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130678121318?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

hrvatwill
04-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Ward generally sells his equipment himself through his website of which I have purchased some from time to time. When something is game used, he typically annotates it as such as well. He also sold some stuff to JO Sports two years ago. I am not aware of him having sold to Elite but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Do a search of old threads regarding "Elite" on this website to find out more about them. Also, if you PM me, I will share my own experience with them.

Jags Fan Dan
04-13-2012, 12:50 PM
It would be nice to know what size shoes he wears vs. what size the offered shoes are. But I agree, nothing in Getty shows him with shoes like these that I could see. It is tough to find him wearing shoes without some type of yellow detail to them. One observation I also have is that the interior of the shoe appears to have some pretty serious wear, which is atypical of what I have found with NFL game used shoes I own, which usually appear to be brand new on the inside. Are the signatures good? In my opinion, best case scenario is probably practice used?

alexbartacustoms
04-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks to the guys who posted.
I agree with your opinions, and I'll be staying away from these cleats.

I had a not so good experience with Elite a few years ago. I bought some Reggie Wayne game -used cleats, but when they arrived, they had another player's number on the heel. Needless to say, I was not happy.

I was hoping they turned things around at Elite, but it doesn't appear that way.

d2ray13
04-15-2012, 12:47 AM
just for the record; you do know elite has not been a company for over 5 years now, don't you?