PDA

View Full Version : Bad Yankee Game Used Items on Ebay?

kesseldawg
04-15-2012, 05:48 PM
I just saw several auctions by yoluvit247 (http://myworld.ebay.com/yoluvit247/?_trksid=p4340.l2559) of alleged game used/issued Yankee jerseys on ebay. NONE of this looks right to me. While some tagging is correct (I've never seen that flag tag on the alleged Jeter rookie), the sizes are all wrong (Bernie didn't wear 52, Jeter didn't wear 44) and I am wondering who this guy is and where he got this stuff. Anyone have any ideas?

kesseldawg
04-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Quick update, I emailed the seller re: the Jeter, telling him what I think is wrong with it (I actually own a game used, signed 1996 home rookie shirt) and his reply is that he got it from Steiner in 2008. There's no way he got a gamer Jeter rookie shirt from Steiner in 2008 and is now dumping it for the low price he has on it.

kesseldawg
04-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Latest update, here is the seller's reply to me. Does anyone know if this is true, as again, it makes no sense to me that Steiner would let a Jeter rookie go like this:

It is an issued jersey, not game worn. Steiner had tens of thousands of Yankee jerseys they wanted to unload. They sold bulk lots of 50 or more jerseys. In those lots were a few star players traditionally. They did not provide individual paperwork when bulk lots were sold since they themselves were not aware what was in the lots. It also was the agreement based on the bulk pricing that they did not have to tag and catalog each one. That was the only drawback of purchasing this way. Any dealer who purchased this way can tell you.

cliffjmp33
04-16-2012, 11:05 AM
I am not sure how Steiner handled such "bulk lots", but at this point, it may be worth your time just contacting a Steiner representative. I know Efrain has been on the site and helpful to some. I believe his e-mail is ereyes@steinersports.com

jtorrez
04-16-2012, 01:23 PM
There was a seller on eBay a few months ago selling blank Yankees jerseys. They were all pre 2004 some labeled some not. These jerseys might be some of them customized??

yankees506
04-16-2012, 03:20 PM
I am not sure how Steiner handled such "bulk lots", but at this point, it may be worth your time just contacting a Steiner representative. I know Efrain has been on the site and helpful to some. I believe his e-mail is ereyes@steinersports.com

Unfortunately Efrain is no longer with steiner :( . However not to say this seller is telling the truth or not but steiner has done strange things in the past ex: bat lotteries. I have personally been to the warehouse and i can say they do have thousands uppon thousands of jerseys but most if not all ive seen have been tagged with paperwork. That isnt to say that they didnt do "bulk" deals with people before they logged everything, but c'mon a Jeter? i dont think if steiner had a million would they let one out the door without someone paying dearly for it.

jppopma
04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
I agree that even if Steiner was selling bulk lots to move alot of stuff, they would not be having this calibre of players.

Maybe Steiner sold large bullk mixed lots with some gamers and then non-worn/used/issued jerseys of players that they had in stock for future signings. Just a guess.

cliffjmp33
04-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Efrain no longer being there.

And taking a second look at the auction, is it me or does it look like there is a marking on the tagging. I know Steiner has used circular holograms before.

yankees506
04-16-2012, 03:34 PM
The Jeter does look like it may have once had a steiner circle holo but i dont assume anything on star stuff, its either there or it isnt and in this case it isnt so id stay 100 feet away.

pjbmd
04-16-2012, 07:55 PM
from what i can put together this is a 1993 jersey--probably alvy espinoza
the intera tags ere last seen on legitimate yankee gamers in 1993
i agree--there's no way steiner would let a star jersey such as jeter out in a lots of 49 other jerseys
the seller is most likely trying to capitalize on the 2 stitched to the back of the jersey
as always folks--do your homework
remember jeter didn't have a cup of coffee until 1995 and i'm pretty sure someone on this forum has his late 1995 call-up jersey
just my thoughts
pjb