PDA

View Full Version : Mail Away Success (mini helmets w/ autos)

jake33
04-16-2012, 01:28 PM
I posting it in the Game used section because i contacted these 2 athletes because i ahve game used items of theirs and wanted to get a signed item to go with the display of the jerseys + pants.

I strictly only collect tampa Bay related items and contacted 2 former Bucs to request autographs ona couple items. With baseball, a sweetspot ball is the customary thing to get signed. For football items, I guess I'd say it might mini helmets or footballs. Footballs as many of you know take up too much space if you have too many. And the 2 footballs I have are both game used, so i was reluctant to send those off.

Anyways, I ran down former Buccaneers Chuck Darby and Josh bidwell. Both are retired, so I was hoping it would be easier contacting them at thsis. I sent Josh a 2006 Pro Bowl mini helmet from his 1st NFl pro bowl and asked him to a stat inscription, which he did and turned out great. i contacted him beforehand and sked if it was ok if i sent it to him.

The other player Chuck Darby, a D-Line jack of all trades member of the 02 Bucs super bowl team that filled in great for injured Anthony McFarland. he went on to play for Seattle and The Lions. An undrafted rookie who played in Europe grinded it out to play several seasons in the NFl. I have a AMAZING jersey of his from 2003 season and have it photomatched to game against the texans where he got a sack oN Dave Ragone.

I sent a revolution mini helmet to Chuck. I was only able to find his mailing address and no email or phone. So, I blindly sent it to him, no idea if he'd return it. I sent hima helmet and removed the facemask, incase he didn't return, I could at least dump the metal facemask on ebay for $5.00 and get something back.

He inscriber in perfect writing "SUPER BOWL XXXVII Champs!" on the front crown of the mini, looks great in person!

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this?

I know may of us send cards via mail with success, and wanted to try a mini helmet.

Turnaround time was a week.